Does it still make sense to dropship from China? Yes, it does, and the best supplier for Chinese dropshipping is AliExpress.
I have to say that there is no escaping China in business. I will explain this in the succeeding sections. For now, I can say that from my experience, there are situations where you are better off sourcing from China than the US.
Here are the key takeaways from our topic today:
- It is not that bad to dropship from China
- There are ways to fight the issues of Chinese dropshipping
- There are 11 reliable dropshippers in China
For starters, here is my list of the 11 best dropshipping suppliers in China:
- AliExpress – best overall for dropshipping
- Niche Dropshipping – best for private-label dropshipping
- CJDropshipping – best for multi-channel stores
- Wiio – best for selling tending products
- DHgate – best for industrial goods and appliances
- Banggood – best alternative to AliExpress
- SaleHoo – best for dropshipping toys
- uDroppy – best for cash-on-delivery dropshipping
- Spocket – best for AliExpress Import and Shopify integration
- HyperSKU – best for private-label and warehoused dropshipping
- Dropified – best for high-quality products and food supplements
- Shein China – best for clothing
Let us move on!
Is it a bad idea to dropship from China?
No, it is not a bad idea to dropship fom China. As far as dropshipping goes, most sellers still do it because it is the easiest thing to do.
The alternative is to buy items from China in bulk and then have these items shipped to your warehouse. Or, you can export the items to the warehouse of Amazon if you are doing Amazon FBA.
However, Amazon FBA or any similar business model is a tedious and expensive process. With dropshipping, you do not have to spend money on pre-purchasing your retail items. You also do not need to pay warehouse fees.
China accounts for 28.4% of the world’s manufacturing output . The US comes next at 16.6%. The big difference is that Chinese products are significantly cheaper than the US. If you sell Us-made products, you can barely compete because of their high capital costs.
So, overall, it does make sense to dropship from China. If you do, you get access to tons of products. It has other benefits, too, which I will explain in detail below.
Pros & Cons of Dropshipping with Chinese Suppliers
Pros of Dropshipping with Chinese Suppliers
- Product Variation – there are over 100 million products in AliExpress. It is virtually impossible not to find something that you can sell in your niche. The beauty of dealing with Chinese suppliers is that you can also ask them to customize your products.
- No Warehouse Fees – the manufacturers handle the logistics. From warehousing to shipping, they do everything. You do not have to pay warehouse fees.
- Lots of Shipping Options – if you dropship from AliExpress, you will find that many suppliers offer multiple shipping options. However, these shipping options can get pricier as you pick the fastest ones.
Cons of Dropshipping with Chinese Suppliers
- Low-Quality Products – there is a stereotype we know as “made in China.” When people see they immediately
- Long Shipping – the biggest challenge with Chinese dropshipping is the long shipping time. The products can take 60 days from China to the destination country. This period does not include how long the item will stay in customs.
In my opinion, what makes people hesitate to dropship with Chinese suppliers is the shipping time. The poor quality of the product is just a secondary issue. Cheap means low-quality, and consumers know that. Most of the time, they are fine with it.
Later on, I will address some of the cons to help you find the best-winning products in China, along with what things to consider when choosing a dropshipping supplier.
11 Best Dropshipping Suppliers in China
1. AliExpress – best overall for dropshipping
AliExpress is the biggest source of retail products in the world. Many dropshippers rely on this platform, including dropship supplier tools in this list. It is the most diverse source of products if you dropship items from China.
- Product Count – there are over 100 million products on the site; you can find almost all items here that you can sell in retail.
- Customization – most sellers on AliExpress allow product customization even for retail. Some of them also provide custom packaging for bulk orders.
- Shipping Options – since China is a manufacturing hub, the sellers offer many shipping options such as DHL, FedEx, etc.
- Buyer Protection – if you received an item that is not the same as the seller described, or if you never got it, you could file a dispute, and AliExpress will issue you a refund.
- Millions of products to choose from
- You can access the sellers directly with no third-party apps
- The site is free to use
- There is buyer protection
- There is no app you can integrate with your store
AliExpress is a marketplace like Amazon. As such, by design, it is not exactly a dropshipping tool. Dropship supplier tools on this list can import products to your store. However, some of these tools are not free.
Use AliExpress if you do not want the encumbrances of third-party applications. However, you will have to copy and paste the product images manually. It can take much hard work, but you will save money.
2. Niche Dropshipping – best for private-label dropshipping
I suggest Niche Dropshipping as a Chinese supplier if you want private-label dropshipping. I tried coordinating with a seller in Alibaba, a wholesale Chinese marketplace, and I can tell you that my experience is not that good. Niche Dropshipping is one of the best liaisons you can get in dropshipping from China.
Niche Dropshipping Features
- Dropshipping Agent – the company will provide you with an agent who will help work out a way to manage your dropshipping business.
- Product Sourcing – you can ask the agent to find a manufacturer for your desired product. You can specify your desired product type and price range during this process.
- Private-Label – the company will arrange for a manufacturer to produce your goods based on your specifications. The process also includes designing and printing your labels, brand, and packaging materials.
- Warehouse and Fulfillment – if you do not want to ship the items to your country, you can ask them to store your products in their warehouse. They will also send it to your customer. This service comes at a fee, of course.
Niche Dropshipping Pros
- You can do both white and private labels for dropshipping
- They ship worldwide
- They will take care of warehousing and fulfillment
- Automated dropshipping is available
Niche Dropshipping Cons
- The services do not come for free; the cost depends on your business type or product
Use Niche Dropshipping if you want to go big-time. The company is one of the most reliable partners if you wish to order items in bulk.
3. CJDropshipping – best for multi-channel stores
CJDropshipping is the sister company of Niche Dropshipping. However, CJ focuses its efforts on retail dropshippers. It is an excellent partner for Chinese dropshipping if you sell on multiple platforms.
- Product Sourcing – if you want a product not on the CJ platform, send them a request through the system. They will look for a supplier. If the process is successful, they will post that product on CJ, and you can import it to your store.
- Integration – the CJ app integrates with several platforms like Shopify, WooCommerce, Etsy, eBay, Lazada, Shopee, Wix, and many more
- Print-on-Demand – they have a separate department that handles print-on-demand. You can customize and sell engraved jewelry, moon lamps, and more.
- Warehouse Locations – the company has warehouses globally, such as in the US, the UK, Canada, Italy, Poland, etc.
- The app integrates with several platforms
- You can ask the company to find suppliers for a product you want
- There is no minimum order requirement for all products
- You have roughly 400,000 products to choose from
- Shipping can take long
- Response time for customer service takes a while
Use CJDropshipping if you want to build a store on multiple platforms. In addition, I recommend it to dropshippers who want to source products from either AliExpress or Alibaba. With CJ, you can sell Alibaba products in retail, not bulk.
I just need to tell you that shipping can take a while. I mean more than 30 days. If you want faster shipping, you must choose a different courier, which will cost more.
4. Wiio – best for selling tending products
Wiio is a new player in the dropshipping market. It is a dropship supplier tool and database. Its strong focus on trending products sets it apart from the other suppliers on my list. It is an excellent source of Chinese dropshipping products because of its warehousing and logistics services.
- Integrations – the Wiio app integrates with Shopify, WooCommerce, Yampi, and CartX. The apps are free to use.
- Product Sourcing – the company offers product sourcing services like CJ. Their ground team will look for a product you need based on your budget.
- Purchasing – they will ship the item from a supplier once you order.
- They offer warehousing services for bulk orders
- They inspect each product to ensure quality
- The company offers fulfillment services
- They have an app you can integrate with two major platforms
- The warehousing service is only free for 90 days
- Slow delivery and slow replies to customer issues
I can say that Wiio’s business model is the same as CJ’s. The big difference between the two is that on Wiio; they have a dropshipping agent who will work with you. You do not get this in CJ. You will have a dropshipping agent in niche Dropshipping, but then they require bulk or wholesale purchases.
5. DHgate – best for industrial goods and appliances
DHGate is the site you want to visit to sell industrial products like sublimation items, backup power supplies, vape or e-cigarettes, etc. It is an excellent dropship partner because it offers a 3-day delivery to the US.
- US Warehouse – the company has a warehouse in the US. As such, they can guarantee a shipment of as short as three days. It is an ideal partner if you want to compete against sellers on Amazon.
- Direct From Factory – they have a list of items they source directly from the manufacturer. For example, buy big-ticket items like bicycles and high-end keyboards at 50% off.
- Buyer Protection would issue a refund if you or your customer did not get the item. All you need to do is open a dispute.
- Thousands of products you do not typically find in AliExpress
- They have a reasonable refund policy
- Fast shipping to the US
- No need to pay customs duties
- No app to integrate
- The products can be more expensive the AliExpress
DHGate is primarily a business-to-business (B2B) company. Use it if you want to sell goods that you do not typically see in AliExpress. I recommend it for Chinese dropshipping if you’re going to penetrate a particular industrial niche market.
You may not like that some items here have a minimum order requirement. For example, a men’s watch I saw sold for a minimum of two orders. On some occasions, the products in DHGate are more expensive than the same listing on AliExpress.
6. Banggood – best alternative to AliExpress
Banggood is an online marketplace like Amazon and AliExpress. It is one of the biggest marketplaces in the world. It is an ideal dropship supplier from China because they do not deal with third-party sellers.
Remember that if you use Banggood, they do not shoulder the cost of taxes or tariffs. It is the buyer who is responsible for paying these fees. Your buyer may pay more than what you listed in your store.
- Product Categories – there are more than 30 product categories on the site. However, I can say that AliExpress still dwarfs Banggood regarding product volume.
- Shipping – the company ships to most countries. They also offer free shipping most of the time.
- Discount – you will receive a 5% and 20% discount after registering as a dropshipper.
- Customization – they offer product customization for some items. They also provide customized invoices that they include in the shipping.
- The company has more than 40 warehouses
- Multiple product categories
- The business model is direct-to-consumer
- They offer a simplified dropshipping program
- There is no app for integration; they use API instead of an app
To explain further, Banggood owns all the items it sells. There are no sellers on the platform who uploads products. Instead, you deal directly with Banggood. Because of this, you do not have to deal with shady suppliers.
7. SaleHoo – best for dropshipping toys
SaleHoo is great for dropshipping toys. I am saying this because when I used this dropshipping supplier, I saw many high-quality tools in the supplier database. SaleHoo has two products or services. One is a list of suppliers, and the other is an app for integration.
- Market Research Lab – the market research lab is an analytics tool. You use it to determine if the products you want to sell are in demand. The tool tells you the capital, margin, and how “hot” the item is in the market.
- Supplier Vetting – SaleHoo puts suppliers through a test. All suppliers here know that they support dropshippers. Because of this, you have the guarantee that they are reliable. There are more than 8,000 suppliers in this database.
- Product Variation – there are over 2.5 million products on the database of SaleHoo. All these products are of high quality since all suppliers have to meet SaleHoo’s standards.
- Education – SaleHoo has videos and training materials you can access for free. These tutorials will help you become successful in the dropshipping business.
- The system is easy to use
- SaleHoo integrates with Shopify
- Lots of products to choose from
- All suppliers are reliable
- The app and the supplier database are not free
The price of SaleHoo depends on the service you want to use. You will pay a one-time fee if you only buy the list or access the supplier database. However, it will not give you access to the integration app. On the other hand, the integration app is a monthly subscription. If you opt for the latter, you can access all its systems.
8. uDroppy – best for cash-on-delivery dropshipping
uDroppy is a dropship supplier database and tool that makes it easy to start an online business. They help their dropshippers scale internationally. I like it for Chinese dropshipping because they have a cash-on-delivery payment option.
- Cash-on-Delivery (COD) – your customer does not have to pay for the item upon ordering. You can integrate their COD network, so the customer only pays once she has it.
- Order Management Platform – you can synchronize orders from multiple sales channels. The system allows you to fulfill orders from different platforms at the same time.
- Multiple Sources – uDroppy does not only have Chinese suppliers. You can find suppliers from Europe, the US, and other parts of Asia in this system.
- There is a COD option for payments
- Lots of reliable suppliers from Europe and the US
- Private label is available
- You can use the system for free
- For the free account, your limit is five orders per week
uDroppy also sources its products from China. Like the other suppliers in this list, they work with various vendors and suppliers. What sets uDroppy apart is its network of cash-on-delivery shipping providers. You do not have to worry about it at all. Just enable the COD option to make it work.
9. Spocket – best for AliExpress Import and Shopify integration
Spocket is among the best Chinese product sources because it directly links to AliExpress. You can rely on this tool for Chinese dropshipping because it has everything you need to run a dropshipping store.
- Import and Fulfillment – Spocket has a complete suite of tools to operate a dropshipping store. You can import products from the suppliers with one click. You can also fulfill orders from the Spocket dashboard.
- Integration – the tool integrates with many platforms like Shopify, Wix, WooCommerce, Ecwid, and many more. You can also integrate it with supplier marketplaces like Alibaba and AliExpress.
- Product Categories – the site has different product categories, making choosing what to sell easy. They also have a section that shows trending products only.
- Search Filter – you can search for suppliers based on their respective locations. If you filter the product search results, you can choose US-based, EU-based, or China-based companies. Use this if you want fast and affordable shipping options depending n your target market.
- It has a complete suite of dropshipping tools
- You can fulfill orders and view analytics from one dashboard
- You can enjoy 24/7 chat support
- The tool integrates with AliExpress and Alibaba
- The free account does not really help
Spocket has pretty much become the default choice of dropshippers in China. One thing I must tell you is that it is not free. Sure, the company advertises a free account. However, the free account merely allows you to browse products. It does not give you access to the rest of the tools.
10. HyperSKU – best for private-label and warehoused dropshipping
HyperSKU has the same business model as the previous suppliers we have on the list. However, the focus of this company is branding, along with private-label dropshipping. It is best for Chinese dropshipping because they will handle everything, including warehousing issues.
- Vetted Suppliers – over 2,000 suppliers in the system went through a selection process. Like SaleHoo, all suppliers here are reliable. There are standards that they need to meet to be able to sell on the platform.
- Integration – you can integrate the HyperSKU system with Shopify and WooCommerce
- Sourcing – they will source products on your behalf. Essentially, they will find a supplier for the product you need.
- Warehousing – they will store your items if you do bulk private-label dropshipping. This service comes at a fee. Once an order comes in, they will take care of the logistics.
- Integrates with Shopify and WooCommerce
- They offer complete dropshipping support
- The shipping is fast, and it only takes between 7 and 12 days
- they ship to more than 72 destinations worldwide
- Processing of orders can take three business days
I recommend HyperSKU if you want to scale your business or if you want to become a brand. Although they offer retail dropshipping processes, the concentration of their efforts and specialty is on private-label companies.
HyperSKU also automates the entire process. You can import products to your store with one click. Once an order comes in, they will process it on your behalf.
11. Dropified – best for high-quality products and food supplements
Dropified has two main product types. The first is Chinese dropshipping, and the second is food supplements from the US. I recommend the former because they only select high-quality products from China.
- Integration – Dropified integrates with Etsy, eBay, Alibaba, AliExpress, Amazon, and Wayfair. Because of this, you can dropship not only in your store but in major marketplaces, too.
- Automation – with Dropified, you do not need to stick your nose on a computer waiting for orders or processing them. You can sleep tight while the system sends the orders to the suppliers. You do not need to manage the store all day long.
- Training – the company has several video tutorials on how to succeed at dropshipping. They even have videos for marketing.
- You can sell food supplements and brand them as your own
- The platform integrates with more than 75 websites
- You can automate the whole dropshipping process
- You can sell in the Facebook marketplace for free
- The cost of membership is expensive for food supplements
Dropified makes it easy for you to choose high-quality products. Of course, you must not integrate it with AliExpress if you want the top products. You must rely on the products that the Dropified team selected if you want to sell high-end goods.
12. Shein China – best for clothing
Shein is one of the biggest clothing manufacturers in the world. It is a Chinese brand now dominating a huge chunk of the fashion market. It is an ideal dropshipping supplier from China because they have many warehouses globally.
- Product Categories – there are thousands of products in the Shein brochure. You can sell mostly women’s clothing. They offer blouses, winterwear, swim, formal, and many others.
- Refunds – the company offers refunds and returns for most of its items. The only products where a refund is not an option are intimate products like lingerie and underwear.
- Free Shipping – they offer free shipping if you meet the minimum order requirements
- Lots of products to choose from
- No minimum order requirement for anything
- They offer free shipping
- You can as for a refund
- No app for integration
Use Shein if you want to penetrate the fashionable clothing market. It is the biggest supplier you will find globally.
How to succeed with China dropshipping suppliers
Earlier, we discussed two main issues when you dropship from China. The first is the long shipping time, and the second is product quality. Please allow me to explain some of my tips to overcome these obstacles in this section.
1. Offer free shipping
Shipping from China can take 60 days. If you are lucky, it can take as short as 30 days. That is just how it is. If you want fast shipping, prepare around $30 or more to get the item from China to the US in less than ten days.
But who will pay $30 for shipping a product that costs less than that? No one. In addition, consumers hate it when they pay for shipping, no matter how small, and then wait a long time for the item to arrive.
The solution to this problem is to offer free shipping. What you can do is a factor in the shipping cost to your retail price. Then, say that shipping is free.
When people see the word “free,” their perceptions change. They do not mind waiting longer if they “did not pay” for shipping.
Is this unethical? One can argue that it is. But if you think about it, there is no such thing as free shipping. Whenever you see any product that ships for free, you must know that you paid for shipping.
2. Provide product and process transparency
If you are honest, people are more likely to buy from your dropshipping store. Tell them that your items are in a warehouse in China and that they ship from China.
Why is this important? If a customer knows what he is buying, he cannot accuse you of fraud. Transparency sets expectations. Be honest, and you will become more credible.
3. Create unique products
Many dropship suppliers in AliExpress will customize a product. No, you do not have to buy in bulk.
Here is an example:
This product from AliExpress is a wristwatch. The manufacturer offers the items for dropshipping. In addition, you can ask this supplier to engrave a logo on the watch.
Why is customization important? It is important because it allows you to stand out. If you customize your dropshipping products, you tell the buyer you are a legit company.
4. Communicate with merchants and customers
In my experience, it is a mistake just to keep adding products to your store without validating the supplier’s credibility.
Make it a point to ask questions. Send chat messages to the supplier. Ask them about the average shipping time for the products they sell. Talk to them about packaging, branding, discounts, etc.
Dropshipping Suppliers in China FAQ
Is dropshipping from China still profitable?
Yes, it is very much so. Many dropshippers, including dropship supplier tools, deal with Chinese manufacturers and suppliers. China is the only place where you can buy affordable products that will give you high margins for profit.
How do I find suppliers for dropshipping?
The first step is to use our list. All the suppliers here are mainly from China. If the list is insufficient, I suggest you use our tool, Dropship.IO. Look for products in our database and determine their sales volume. From there, you can look for suppliers.
Is it good to dropship from China?
Yes, it is a good idea to dropship from China. You can choose from over 100 million products, and you can even ask the suppliers to customize the items for you.
Who is the fastest dropshipping supplier?
There is no answer to this. The suppliers will ship your item as quickly as possible but also depend on the freight companies for shipping speed.
So far, the best source for dropshipping from China is AliExpress. Your only problem here is that it does not offer an integration app. The alternative is to use other tools like CJDropshipping, Spocket, AliDropship, etc.
Next, head to AliExpress and browse over 100 million products. Contact the supplier. If you are happy with the response, ordering a sample is next.