In my years of experience in dropshipping, I realized that not all suppliers are true to their word. Not that they are bad business partners, but dropshipping is not their main priority.
The result? My customers had to wait for shipping. And I couldn’t do anything about it.
I created a list of the best dropshipping suppliers in New Zealand based on the following:
- Product volume
My goal today is to help you find the best dropshipping suppliers in New Zealand. With my list, you no longer need experimentation. There is no need to risk your money and time.
On top of this list, I am adding important information about dropshipping in general, not just in New Zealand.
Let us get started!
The Top 5 Dropshipping Suppliers in New Zealand
- Doba - Best Overall for dropshipping.
- CJDropshipping - Best for dropshippers on various platforms.
- Spocket - Best for dropshippers who want suppliers from specific countries.
- SaleHoo - Best for intended dropshippers that do not rely on Shopify.
- AliExpress - Best for dropshippers who want millions of options.
Should You Dropship To New Zealand?
Yes, it is an excellent idea to dropship to New Zealand. Why? Because studies show that more than 88% of shoppers at least looked at an online product to buy. 
What it means is that there is a market in the country. In addition, people are interested in making online purchases, not physical ones in stores.
To make your efforts more rewarding, getting a New Zealand supplier is much better than getting a supplier elsewhere. If you do so, the New Zealand supplier can ship the items faster to your customers.
The best place to start is to understand the market of people who live in New Zealand. What do they want? What products sell?
More importantly, who are the suppliers you can trust?
The eCommerce Market in New Zealand
Is dropshipping legal in New Zealand? Yes, it is.
About 70% of the population of the country buys things online. This number rose at the height of the Covid-19 pandemic.
In 2020, the eCommerce revenue in New Zealand reached USD 2 billion. At that time, food and personal care were the two most sought-after goods.
This number, of course, will change as the pandemic comes closer to its end. Nevertheless, experts project that the eCommerce sector of New Zealand will grow at an average of 6% per year.
New Zealand is small, with a population of only 5.12 million. However, the families here have a reasonable disposable income.
The 5 Best Dropship Suppliers in New Zealand
1. Doba - Best Overall for dropshipping.
Doba is a dropship supplier database that caters to many countries. It is ideal for New Zealand dropshipping because the country is part of their concentration area.
Overall, Doba provides services to more than ten countries, and New Zealand is one of them. Some others include Singapore, the US, Malaysia, Germany, and China.
Since Doba is a dropship supplier and product database, you do not have to buy in bulk. Instead, you can buy every item in retail only when your customer has already paid you.
Despite that, Doba has an option for wholesale, too. So, if your business grows and you want to move to wholesale retail, keep in mind that it is an available option.
Doba Key Features
- Integration – you can integrate Doba with more than 100 platforms. These platforms include Shopify, Amazon, Big Commerce, Volusion, and many others.
- Search Filters – you do not have to browse through thousands of products blindly. Instead, you can narrow your search by using the filters. For example, you can filter suppliers and products based on shipping coverage, product availability, and price.
- Risk Alerts – the system will notify you if a product from your store is almost out of stock. You will also get notifications if the product is already low in volume.
- Data Export – you can download your product data sheet from Doba. If you do this, you will get a CSV file with everything you need to know about your products.
- Supplier Scorecard – since Doba wants to help dropshippers, you will see a rating for each supplier. This scorecard system tells you whether a supplier is trustworthy or not.
Pros of Doba
- They offer a 30-day free trial
- There are millions of products on the site
- Your site will reflect any active changes in the prices of your suppliers
- There is a real-time order tracking
- You can easily integrate the app with many platforms
- You can call them for customer support
Cons of Doba
- There is no free account
- The products are a little expensive
Is Doba worth it?
Yes, Doba is worth it because it is a trustworthy supplier database. In addition, the company has been in business for over 20 years.
What I like about Doba is that they managed to create a system that you can integrate with over a hundred platforms. It means that whatever online retail platform you use, it is highly likely that you can use Doba.
2. CJDropshipping - Best for dropshippers on various platforms.
CJDropshipping is like Doba in the sense that it is a supplier database. However, CJDropshipping differs because you can use it on various platforms.
CJDropshipping is good for New Zealand because they have many warehouses that can ship quickly to New Zealand.
So, while others limit you to Shopify, CJDropshipping does not. You can use CJDropshipping to dropship in eBay, Amazon, TikTok, Walmart, and many others.
CJDropshipping is in China. Like other databases, it pulls its suppliers from AliExpress. For New Zealand dropshippers, you will choose companies that primarily serve the New Zealand Market.
CJDropshipping Key Features
- Shopify App – there is an app you can use in your Shopify store. Once you complete the integration, you can manage your supplies and orders from that app; no need to go to the CJDropshipping site all the time.
- Payment Methods – CJDropshipping accepts different types of payment methods. For example, you can pay them via PayPal, Payoneer, Midtrans, Western Union, etc. As such, you can fulfill the order quickly.
- Branding – once you order from CJ, the parcel they send to your customer carries your name as the seller, not the actual manufacturer or supplier. This process helps you build credibility and improves your branding.
- Product Customization – there are many suppliers here who will brand your packaging for a small fee; you can also find manufacturers who will customize the products they ship according to your specifications.
Pros of CJDropshipping
- It is free to use
- Fast and affordable shipping
- There is a customer service support department
- There is a team that validates suppliers and products
Cons of CJDropshipping
- The user interface can be confusing
- The prices are not that different from AliExpress
Is CJDropshipping worth it?
Yes, CJDropshipping is a great option to ship to New Zealand. The suppliers you find here have warehouses spread out all over the world.
Because of this, CJDropshipping is an excellent choice if you want faster shipping times. In addition, what I like the most is the sheer volume of product categories.
As you can see below, each product category has sub-categories. It is a perfect supplier database for dropshippers who want to focus on a sub-niche.
CJDropshipping also has a print-on-demand service. In this business model, you sell the items, and then CJDropshipping prints the design once there is an order.
Because of this, CJDropshipping has an advantage. You can personalize your items. For example, you can sell mugs with the New Zealand flag, iconic symbols, etc.
Finally, CJDropshipping offers a service called product sourcing requests. You can contact their product sourcing team and ask them to find a specific product type for you.
3. Spocket - Best for dropshippers who want suppliers from specific countries.
Spocket is a key competitor of Doba. What makes it different is that Spocket does not rely solely on AliExpress. Instead, Spocket has a wide range of supplier connections globally.
Like many dropshipping apps, Spocket has everything you need to succeed. For example, it has an app you can integrate with Shopify.
It also has a product migration and automatic pricing tool. On top of that, you can fulfill orders from Spocket once a customer makes a purchase.
Spocket is an excellent choice for New Zealand dropshipping because you can filter the suppliers based on where the products come from.
Spocket Key Features
- Multiple Suppliers – with Spocket, you can find products and suppliers from a location of your choice. There is a filter option to choose suppliers from a specific country. In addition, you can also filter the country where suppliers ship to.
- Dashboard Management – the Spocket dashboard lets you see an overview of your business’s performance. You can see your sales, orders, revenue, and much more.
- Pricing Rules – in the settings, you can toggle how you want to price your products. The main options are percentage, fixed price, and multiplier. More on this later.
- Import Tool – all it takes to move a product from Spocket to your store is the Import button. Clicking that will automatically transfer the product, its price, images, and details to your store; no need for manual copy-paste.
Pros of Spocket
- The list of suppliers is truly global
- There is an app you can integrate with Shopify
- Thousands of suppliers
- All suppliers went through a verification process
- Easy to use
- There is a free trial
Cons of Spocket
- It does not support dropshipping on major platforms like Amazon, eBay, Etsy, etc.
- The free plan has severe limitations
Is Spocket worth it?
I recommend Spocket to Shopify dropshippers who need more features. What I really love about Spocket is the possibility of drilling down the list of suppliers.
The best part is that pricing your products is easy. If you choose a percentage, like 50%, all products in your store will increase by 50% based on the capital cost.
If you choose a fixed price, you can add a default profit, like $25, for each product listed on your store. Finally, you can choose a multiplier, like 5x. So, if the product capital from the supplier is $5, your store will automatically price this at $25 ($5 x 5).
Overall, I would recommend Spocket if you have the budget for it. The Starter Plan, which is much more useful than the free plan, costs $29 per month.
4. SaleHoo - Best for intended dropshippers that do not rely on Shopify.
SaleHoo is a paid dropshipping supplier platform. It is a directory of suppliers, and the company has more than 8,000 suppliers on its list.
Unlike the other dropship suppliers discussed earlier, this one does not have an app. Essentially, it is an online directory.
SaleHoo is great for dropshipping to New Zealand because, like Spocket, you can filter the supplier’s location. So, if you want someone from New Zealand only, you can do so.
Here, you can choose products to sell. Once you have one you like, you must contact the supplier to get the price. You will also arrange the dropshipping mechanics with the supplier.
SaleHoo Key Features
- Vetting Process – SaleHoo checks the credibility of each supplier. Because of this, you can rest assured that the suppliers here are not scammers. The suppliers must also comply with SaleHoo’s policies. If they don’t, SaleHoo will delist them.
- Training – SaleHoo offers many types of training modules. These recorded training videos will help you understand how the system works. They also have training for marketing, dropshipping, and other topics about entrepreneurship.
- Market Research Lab – the Market Research Lab is an essential tool in SaleHoo. It gives you a list of the top-selling products. You will also know if this product is profitable or not.
- Lots of Products – there are more than 2.5 million products in the database of SaleHoo. All these products come from suppliers that you can trust. Overall, there are more than 150 product categories on the tool.
- Shipping – although there is no app, the system has an order fulfillment process. Once you submit an order and pay for it, the supplier will get a notification. From here, the supplier has to ship the item directly to your customer.
Pros of SaleHoo
- The system is easy to use, and it is straightforward
- There are many videos for training
- You can contact a real person if you need help
- All the suppliers are legitimate
- There is an analysis system to help you decide which products to sell
Cons of SaleHoo
- There is no app for integration
- There is no free account
Is SaleHoo worth it?
SaleHoo is a dependable provider of dropship suppliers globally. As such, you can find suppliers here from New Zealand.
What makes it a strong platform is the vetting process. The company only works with serious manufacturers and suppliers.
You may not like that SaleHoo does not have an app. You must do it manually if you need to transfer the product details to your store.
5. AliExpress - Best for dropshippers who want millions of options.
AliExpress is like the Amazon of China. It is the biggest online retail platform in the world. Since China accounts for most of the manufacturing process globally, it is not a wonder why there are so many sellers here.
AliExpress is the best option for dropshipping to New Zealand if you do not want limitations. It is where you will find everything you are looking for.
AliExpress created its own dropshipping arm, which they call AliDropship. AliExpress also has an app that you can integrate with Shopify.
AliExpress Key Features
- AliDropship – if you do not have a store yet, you can go to AliDropship and ask them to make you one. Just tell them your niche and vision, and they will build the online dropshipping store for you at a certain cost.
- Product Choices – there are millions of products in AliExpress; almost everything sold on Amazon comes from the same manufacturers on AliExpress. Your key advantage is you can sell your products cheaper because you do not have to pay Amazon fees.
- Buyer Protection – once you make a purchase, the company will protect you if the seller does not keep his end of the bargain.
- Product Personalization – sellers here can work with you to personalize your products. Some specialize in dropshipping; they will print labels and stickers for you.
- No MOQ – there is no minimum order requirement on AliExpress. You can buy one product at a time, so there is no need to pay for a huge inventory.
Pros of AliExpress
- There is a protection policy for buyers like you
- There are thousands of suppliers on the platform
- The products are cheap
- You can buy a store from their sister company, AliDropship
Cons of AliExpress
- Some sellers are not reliable
- Shipping can take too long
Is AliExpress worth it?
AliExpress is an excellent platform for suppliers. However, you must also keep in mind that it is an online retail platform.
While the products here are ultra-cheap, these products already account for a profit. In addition, AliExpress sellers can choose which shipping courier they want to use—the cost can be high, and the shipment can take long.
In my experience, AliExpress sellers take at least 30 days to complete a shipment, even for countries in Asia that are close to China.
So, while AliExpress is an excellent platform, you will have to manage your customer’s expectations about shipping times.
Top 6 Products to Sell in New Zealand
The top six products to sell in New Zealand are:
- Sports and Fitness
- Clothing & Accessories
- Healthcare & Beauty products
- Home & Garden items
- Toys & Kids
Below is a short synopsis for each category to give you an idea of what to sell.
These are items that include mobile devices, televisions, laptops, etc. If you are hesitant to dropship these items, you can focus on accessories.
For example, you can sell phone cases, chargers, and other knick-knacks instead of selling phones. It is easier to sell these items as they do not require technical knowledge.
The projected market volume of electronics in New Zealand is $302 billion . Because of this, we know that there is a demand for electronic products in the country.
2. Sports and Fitness
Anything that has something to do with sports, such as gym clothing, dumbbells, and running shoes, are excellent sports products. My advice is that you focus on a sub-niche here.
For example, do not sell dumbbells and clothing in the same store. It is far better to sell dumbbells only. This way, you are specializing in something.
New Zealanders generally live long and healthy lives. There is a strong drive from the government to reduce the top causes of lethal diseases . As a dropshipper, you can take advantage of this by selling health-related products.
3. Clothing & Accessories
This niche is one of the top sellers in the entire world. There are always people who need something new to wear.
Should you decide to sell clothing and accessories, it would also do you well to focus on a niche. For example, concentrate on footwear for men.
Do not sell all types of products for men, as this would make your store confusing. If you want to sell accessories, just zero in on that product category.
The market size of the fashion industry in the country is $3.0 billion in 2022 . Experts project this will grow at a constant rate of 3.3% per year.
4. Health Care & Beauty products
There is a market in New Zealand from lotion to make-up to moisturizers. Below are some of my recommendations:
- Hair color
- False eyelashes
The thing with the beauty niche is that it is a tough one. First, you must have a model who can demonstrate the product. If you sell a make-up kit, be prepared to have an ad or video on your site.
Beauty products only sell if there is a model. I would recommend this only if you have the budget to shoot videos for ads. You can also do it yourself if you want.
Healthcare and beauty products are not only good to sell in New Zealand but the whole world. There is a craze about looking good, and this craze will never go away.
5. Home & Garden Items
Home and garden items include shovels, baking pans, decor, lamps, etc. There are so many you can choose from.
Your skills as an interior designer will come to play here if you sell décor. Since this is a big niche, you may want to niche down.
What does it mean? It means that the best approach is to concentrate on one sub-niche. For example, sell garden products only, but not kitchen appliances.
If you do this, people who visit your dropshipping store will know one thing: you are the go-to store for their gardening needs.
The market size for this niche in New Zealand is $708 million . Experts project that this will grow bigger until 2026. It would help if you penetrate this market before other people do.
6. Toys & Kids
There are many types of toys that you can sell, and it is one of the biggest niches in the world. I would advise you to find a sub-niche similar to the other categories.
Because of the varying ages of children, you must understand that they have different needs. Therefore, you must pick a specific age range to market your toy store properly.
Let us say you picked ages 2 to 4; now, you can select products from New Zealand suppliers that cater to this market.
The toy market in the country amounts to $846 million. The sales come from both toys and hobbies.
Dropshipping in New Zealand FAQs
How do you start dropshipping in New Zealand?
To start a dropshipping business in New Zealand, you need to decide on a niche. Once you are sure, the next step is to do your research about your suppliers. After completing all these, the final step is to build your website and market the store.
Should you dropship to New Zealand?
Yes, the outlook for the eCommerce market in New Zealand is positive. The projected sales are $5.68 billion by the end of 2022.  There is a market of buyers in the country, and it will continue to grow.
Does New Zealand offer fast shipping methods?
Yes, there are many postal couriers in New Zealand. One of the most reliable is DHL Express, which offers fast shipping within and outside the country. The delivery time of DHL Express is within the range of 1-6 business days.
Do people in New Zealand have a high disposable income?
Yes, the average net disposable income per capita in New Zealand is $39,024 (USD) per year. People in New Zealand have access to quality education and healthcare. As such, the citizens have more money to spend.
Are there many potential customers in New Zealand?
Is dropshipping good in New Zealand? Yes, there are many potential customers in New Zealand. The country ranks as the 46th largest market for online retail or eCommerce. Overall, the revenue from eCommerce is $4.3 billion in 2021. This economy is also growing by 6% annually.
Can you reach customers in New Zealand with online marketing?
Yes, New Zealand, a democratic country, allows dropshippers like us to advertise. But, of course, there are laws that we must comply with, such as not selling illicit drugs or things related to crime, etc.
What are the most popular payment gateways in New Zealand?
The most popular payment gateways in New Zealand are:
- APMs by PayPal
- BlueSnap Payments
- PayPal (PayPal Commerce Platform)
- PayPal powered by Braintree
There are others, such as Adyen and Afterpay. Since PayPal works in New Zealand, it would be a good idea to use it since it is a truly international payment processor.
Which company is best for dropshipping? Unfortunately, there is no single best answer to this. If you use Shopify, I would suggest Spocket. For other dropshipping platforms, you can go with Doba, SaleHoo, CJDropshipping, and AliExpress.
To start your dropshipping journey in New Zealand, I suggest that you use Doba. The reason I am saying this is that you can use it on many platforms. On top of that, Doba has millions of products and thousands of suppliers in its database.
After exploring their capabilities, you can now decide which application best suits your online dropshipping store. Good luck!