Do not waste time looking for winning products manually. Instead of looking at each product individually, use the power of computers and scale your business fast in dropshipping.
In a nutshell, this is what happens:
- Search for a winning product
- Look for a reliable supplier
- List the product in your dropshipping store
- Make a lot of money
I will show you how today—by using Amazon product research tools. Why Amazon, though? If one thing sells on Amazon, you can sell it everywhere.
In my experience as a dropshipper, it took me a lot of time to find out that there are automated tools you can use to search for winning products. I wasted time and effort; do not do the same.
The things I will teach you are:
- The benefits of Amazon product research
- Tools to use to search for winning products on Amazon
Here are the key takeaways:
- Some tools are best for Amazon dropshipping
- If a product is a winner, it is easier to sell it than a new or unknown product
- Manual research is possible, but it is a waste of time
Ready to move on? Let us start!
What Is Amazon Product Research?
Amazon product research is an activity where you look for the best-selling products on Amazon. It takes more than looking at the number of items sold and reviews, as you need to know whether or not the seller is a dropshipper or a private-label company.
Amazon product research takes time if you do it manually. Thankfully, there are software programs like ours that make this process easy for you.
Research is the fundamental tenet of dropshipping. Without research, you will post products on your website that nobody wants. In business, you first need to ensure that there is a demand for the products you want to sell.
Amazon is the best place to measure demand. It is the biggest online marketplace in North America and is second only to Alibaba/Ali Express. The big difference is that buyers on Amazon have higher purchasing power than AliExpress.
Benefits of Using a Product Research Tool
This section will discuss the main benefits of using Amazon product research tools. We now have established why you need to do research. It is important to consider whether an item will sell or not. You can do it manually, or you can do it with a program.
Nothing beats the speed of a machine, and it is why you are better off using them than not. Without a program, you will spend so much time researching that you could have used the same time to market your products or do something more important.
1. View the Metrics of a Product
One of the most important benefits of using an Amazon product research tool is metric visibility. You will see numbers and figures you would not normally see as an Amazon customer.
Here are some examples:
- Opportunity Score – this score indicates product performance or its likelihood of selling.
- Frequently Bought Together – the tool suggests other products that other buyers buy with the current product you are looking at. It gives you an idea of what other products to sell.
- BSR – this acronym stands for bestseller rank. It is the position of the product in the bestseller list. The lower the number, the better. A product with a BSR of 9 means it is in 9th place among all bestsellers.
- FBA Fees – these are the fees that the seller pays for this product, provided that seller uses the Fulfillment by Amazon business model
- Sellers or Competitors – this metric tells you how many people sell the same thing.
- Est. Orders/day – the average number of sales a particular product makes in a day
- Estimated Revenue – a rough estimate of a product’s sales in a month
As you can see, you can do these things manually on an Excel spreadsheet, provided that you are a statistician and have the time in the world. But you must be kidding if you even think about doing it.
Usually, you will only see stats like product ratings, product prices, and things like that if you look at a product page. These things are important but do not give you a clear view of other underlying metrics.
2. Control Your Risks
Although dropshipping has little risk, selling items no one buys is still risky. There is the risk of wasting time and money. If you have an employee or virtual assistant, you are paying this employee to upload products to your store—a waste of money if you ask me (if no one buys).
With an Amazon product research tool like Dropship.IO, you can reduce the risk of wasting money and time. Why? Because you know what product sells, and you know how your competitors are.
And if you do, it is now up to you to find suppliers to give you a better price. If you can compete based on price, you can outsell your competitor.
3. Research Your Competitors
Product research tools also give you a clear picture of what or who you are competing against. In a nutshell, you will know what their strengths and weaknesses are.
For example, the tool will show you the prices of all items similar to the one you are studying. As such, you can get an average price and work on that. In addition, you can easily see their customer ratings, revenue, images used on the listings, etc.
In essence, these tools give you an advantage. They provide you with visibility on a single dashboard. Time is also a factor. Manual analysis is a laborious process—it is never something that I would recommend for a business. You are better off using Amazon research tools than browsing pages individually.
The Best Amazon Product Research Tools
Dropshio.IO, our tool, is your primary choice for searching for Amazon products with demand. We offer several services. Essentially, thousands of our members use our software to:
- Find winning products
- Track stores
- Look for ads for a specific store on Facebook
Our software scours products and stores in the Shopify universe. However, we also have a connection to AliExpress and Amazon. It means you can access our winning products’ product pages from the sources.
Dropship.IO Key Features
- Product Database – this tool allows you to search for products with keywords and filters. Our system will show you all products related to your search, their sales, revenue, sellers, and other important details about them.
- Sales Tracker – you can save and track websites on Shopify to see how much money they make daily, weekly, and monthly.
- Competitor Search – if you type a keyword in this tool, the algorithm will show all stores with that product. You will see details like the number of products a store has, the creation date of the store, and at what price point that competitor sells the said item.
For every product, you will see the icons of AliExpress, Amazon, and Facebook. If you click AliExpress or Amazon, you will find yourself on the product pages of both marketplaces—on the specific product page of what you searched for.
- We send you a list of winning products every week; you do not always have to search.
- We have a dropship university where you get to learn how to dropship products the right way.
- You can work with a list of suppliers to get retail or wholesale items.
- Right now, our database works on Shopify stores only
- We currently cannot track stores with more than 10,000 products
We vet our suppliers, meaning they must go through an approval process. Once you find a product you want to dropship, you can chat with these suppliers through our system via Skype.
2. Helium 10
Helium 10 offers multiple tools to help you find winning products on the Amazon platform. Its strength lies in its competitor analysis module. In addition, Helium 10 also provides tools like a profit calculator and reports that will show you the number of impressions of a product on the Amazon search results pages.
Helium 10 Key Features
- Cerebro – this tool is what you use to search for keywords. These are words that Amazon shoppers type in the search box of Amazon. If you know what words they search for, you know what products are in demand.
- BlackBox – this tool allows you to search for winning products. There is a Chrome extension for it. It tells you what products to sell—products with high demand yet low competition.
- Listing Optimization – products that sell a lot use a standardized way to list content. Use this tool to understand if you are missing product information that can boost your sales.
Helium 10 Pros
- It is easy to search for winning products
- The tool tells you what keywords drive the most search on Amazon
- The platform has a system that shows you how to optimize your products better
Helium 10 Cons
- There is no free account anymore; there used to be, but they removed it now.
- There are severe limitations to the tool usage based on your plan.
Helium 10 also has a tool called Adtomic. Its function makes it easier for you to create ads and advertise your products on the Amazon platform. If you want to dropship on Amazon, it is an excellent tool that saves you time making ads.
AMZScout is a robust product research tool that gives a high focus on the analysis of data. The software program shows you what to sell, who the sellers are, and how to offer the same products at a low price.
What sets AMZScout apart from other product research tools is that it helps you work on an arbitrage dropshipping model. Fulfillment by Amazon sellers commonly use this tool, but you can also use it in dropshipping.
- Keyword Research – similar to other tools, you will know what buyers on Amazon are looking for. You can use this information to infer demands at any given time range. With the keyword tool, you can find trending words and get ahead of the market rather than catch up.
- Reverse ASIN – if you enter an Amazon product number in this tool, you will get keywords that people used to see this product on the search results pages of Amazon. As such, you can use the same keywords on your Amazon dropshipping product pages.
- Dropshipping – this tool shows you the minimum price at which sellers sell the same product. Use it to find out who sells a product at the lowest price.
- Lots of useful tools for product research
- They offer several Chrome extension tools according to the data that you need.
- You can save money on membership if you pay annually.
- There is no free account
- The user interface can be confusing
AMZScout offers some free tools, but these tools are not the “meat” of the service. Some examples of these tools are the calculator, fee estimator, stock statistic, etc.
Use AMZScout if you want to look for products that have the lowest price. Once you have this list, you can go to AliExpress and work out a deal with a supplier.
SellerApp is primarily a PPC tool that allows you to boost your ad conversions. In addition, you will save money on ads if you can optimize your impressions and pay-per-click rates.
With SellerApp, you can optimize your listings, find in-demand keywords, automate your ads, and find winning products.
- Listing Optimization – an AI powers this tool. The algorithm analyzes winning products and tells you what you must imitate from their listings. It makes your listings appear often on search pages organically.
- Keyword Explorer – this tool shows you the search volume for a keyword and the ones with the highest conversions. It makes sense perfectly, as the tool allows you to search only keywords with high demand and revenue.
- Product Research – use this tool to find winning products and those with high potential. It is also the tool that can help you decode competitor strategies. If you know what your competitors are doing, you can copy or do better than them.
- There is a free account where you can track two products
- It is an all-in-one Amazon dropshipping tool; however, it is best if you use it on Amazon, also
- It has APIs that you can integrate with your eCommerce business
- The tool is expensive even if you get the best plan.
Use SellerApp if you also want to sell on Amazon as a dropshipper. The system works best if you sell on Amazon, especially if you’re going to advertise your products on the platform.
With SellerApp, you can find winning products and keywords with a demand. In addition, you can filter out keywords with high demand but low sales. It can give insights into customer and competitor behavior, which you can use to your advantage.
ZonGuru is an advanced and innovative Amazon product finder. It shows you the hottest products trending and selling on Amazon right now. It helps you fast-track your processes, make sales, and scale your business.
Here are the things you can expect from the tool:
- Find a product to sell
- Maximize your sales
- Scale your business faster
- Communicate with your customers
With Zonguru, you can find keywords, win products, automate your reviews, and more.
- Listing Optimizer – this tool gives you an optimization score. The higher the score, the more likely it will make a sale. Use it to improve your product listings in minutes. You can also use it to match keywords based on search results on Amazon.
- Niche Finder – this tool allows you to find your winning product. You can filter your search results by revenue, units sold, and demand. You can even find products with high competition and only search for those with little competition.
- Email Automator – this tool emails people who bought your product on Amazon. It reminds them to leave a review. It helps you communicate with your buyers and ask them if they need anything.
- Lots of tools you can use to increase your sales
- There is a live demo you can browse
- It is possible to make your listings better and more enticing
- You can automate your review processes
- There is no free account
- It works best if you sell on Amazon
While the tools of ZonGuru are excellent for product research, it works best if you sell on the Amazon platform. For example, you cannot use email automation if you are not on the Amazon platform. It only sends reminders to buyers who bought items from the Amazon platform.
AMZBase is a Google Chrome extension that shows data once you are on an Amazon product page. On top of that, they expanded their software to cover Google Shopping, AliExpress, eBay, and Alibaba.
Unlike other search tools, I can say that this is the simplest. It does not have the same robustness as the other tools, but it tells you what you need to make an informed decision about a product.
- Chrome Extension – all you need to do is install the Chrome extension to use the program. Once done, you can start using the program with no registration required.
- Product Overview – on an Amazon product page, you only need to hover over the image, and the tool will give you the ASIN number and description of the listing.
- Other Marketplaces – at the bottom of a product page, you will see an area where you can see several marketplaces like eBay and AliExpress. Once you click these buttons, the tool will take you to a page to find similar goods.
- It is a simple tool with no fuss
- It can show you the historical prices of a product
- You can source similar products from other marketplaces
- It does not have enough data to compete against other tools.
AMZBase is what you need for a quick lookup of product information. It tells you about listing information and where to find similar product suppliers. You can use this information to look for suppliers. However, this tool is unnecessary if you want to compete with the big sellers.
JungleScout is one of the biggest Amazon software tools in the world. It provides essential data and others that will help you scale your business.
Here is a basic list of tools you can expect from the company:
- Product tracker
- Opportunity finder
- Review automation
- Inventory manager
- Promotions manager
Although it seems that it is best for Amazon stores only, I can tell that you can use the information from the tool to boost your dropshipping store income, even if you build your store on Shopify.
- Listing Optimization – the listing builder tells you how to complete your listings and make them more friendly to the user and the Amazon AI. It makes your product pages look more professional and get more impressions on the search results pages.
- Keyword Scout – this tool finds keywords that shoppers type in the search box. Once you get the data, you can use the keywords in your product titles and descriptions. The algorithm will show your products more often, which can increase your engagement and sales rates.
- Opportunity Finder – I greatly like this tool because it helps discover new opportunities. Specifically, the system will show you products with high demand but no competition. You can list these products in your dropshipping store and be the first to market and sell them.
- You can find winning products and their respective suppliers
- The tool comes with sales analytics and advertising analytics
- It has a keyword tool that helps you find the most searched keywords
- There is no free account; you must spend at least $49 per month
- Many of the tools only work with Amazon, not other selling platforms
Use JungleScout if you plan to dropship on Amazon. It gives you leverage since you know what products sell, who your competitors are, and many more. The tool can give you in-depth analytics of why you are not making sales and what you use to optimize your listings.
8. Viral Launch
Viral Launch is a tool you need to scale on the Amazon platform. You can use it whether operating a private-label business, FBA, or dropshipping. It is so huge and effective that it helped sellers generate over $8 billion on Amazon.
Like the previous tool, there are many things that Viral Launch offers to scale your business. Some examples are the listing optimizer, keyword research tools, product research tools, and PPC ads tools.
Viral Launch Features
- Product Finder – you can find winning products and untapped markets. The tool also provides sales estimates of these products based on historical data.
- Keyword Tools – find keywords that people use all the time. Use these keywords in your product titles and descriptions. If you are just about to start, use the keyword tool to know what products are in demand.
- Competitor Research – they call this tool the Competitor Intelligence tool. With it, you can track ASINs and find your competitors’ most profitable and top-selling products.
Viral Launch Pros
- There are many tools you can use to scale
- You can analyze competitors and optimize your listings
- There is a keyword manager that allows you to track keywords
Viral Launch Cons
- There is no free account; the lowest plan costs $69 monthly.
The listing builder also comes with this tool, and it will help you create more enticing and SEO-friendly Amazon product pages. You may not be an Amazon dropshipper, but you can use the listing builder to get an idea of how the product page should be.
Although Viral Launch is expensive, I can say that it is worth the money. If you do not sell on Amazon, you can still use it for a month, gather data, and decide what product to sell. At least you know that the product you post online is a winner. Then, you can close your account or subscription.
9. Cash Cow Pro
Cash Cow Pro adds more to product search. This tool can send automatic messages, but only on Amazon. There are many useful tools here if you do Amazon dropshipping. Even so, there are valuable systems here that can help you dropship outside the Amazon platform.
Cash Cow Pro Features
- Sales Data – You can access a real-time dashboard showing your sales and profits. This tool is useful if you sell on Amazon. If not, there is no need for it.
- Best Sellers – the tool gives you a list of over 20 million profitable products on Amazon. Once you know which products sell, you can invest in these products and expect sales to pour in.
- Inventory Monitoring – you no longer have to monitor inventory that is out of stock. The system will automatically track this and tell you what to replenish.
Cash Cow Pro Pros
- They have a Chrome extension for easy data analysis
- You can track keywords and their performance in traffic
- You have access to more than 20 million top products
Cash Cow Pro Cons
- The program costs $49 per month.
You can try this system for free for ten days. If you do not sell on Amazon, I suggest you use it and cancel your subscription before the trial ends. Get details and data that you can use as a foundation for your dropshipping store.
10. Seller Labs
Seller Labs is the last one on our list. It is an all-in-one Amazon product research tool similar to the previous options. It has an advertising platform, product research, and keyword research tools.
Seller Labs Features
- PPC Advertising – you can use the system to advertise on Amazon. If you do this, Amazon will show your listings first. The more people see your listing, the more clicks you get and more sales.
- Amazon SEO – you can optimize your listings and make them more friendly to Amazon’s algorithm. If you do it right, you do not have to pay for advertising to rank your listings at the top of Amazon search results.
- Untapped Markets – the tool has AI that can tell you what niches have low competition but high demand.
Seller Labs Pros
- The system allows you to track competition
- You can find winning keywords
- It has PPC advertising on Amazon
Seller Labs Cons
- Winning products is not the primary focus of the tool.
As a dropshipper, keyword search is one of the most useful tools in this system. You can take this data, determine what items people seek, and then sell these items in your dropshipping store.
Amazon Product Research Tools FAQs
What is the product research tool on Amazon?
A product research tool is a program that scrapes data from Amazon. It shows you the basic metrics, product performance, and other things you don’t typically see as a regular user.
What are the helpful tools for Amazon sellers?
Helpful tools for Amazon sellers are product research tools, keyword tools, and product importation tools.
Is Amazon product research hard?
If you do it manually, yes, it is hard. If you use a software program like Dropship.IO, you will spend less time researching and more time managing your business.
What is the objective of Amazon product research?
The objective is to find winning products with high demand and also tool see who your competitors are. In addition, you want to know how they write their ad copies.
The next step is to visit the sites that I recommended. Though I may sound like a salesperson here, I encourage you to try our tool, Dropship.IO. We offer a free trial for seven days with no strings attached!
Explore the tools and see how they work. Determine if you like their look, feel, functionality, and benefits. If you do, start analyzing products and list the best ones to make you successful. Happy dropshipping!