There are two ways you can use Wayfair for dropshipping.
- You can use Wayfair as a supplier to source your products.
- You can use Wayfair as a marketplace to list your dropshipping products.
We’ve used Wayfair to look for winning products and inspiration for our own store. While doing so, we’ve looked at how to dropship on Wayfair, as well as how to use Wayfair as a supplier.
In this article, we’ll share what we’ve learned and look at the different ways to use Wayfair to dropship. Hopefully, it will help you decide whether Wayfair is the right marketplace for you.
Let’s get into it.
- You can use Wayfair to either source your products or to list your products.
- Wayfair is one of the world’s largest marketplaces for homeware and furniture. It is trusted by its customers. It gives you a huge audience to sell to or a huge choice of products to sell.
- To list your products on Wayfair, your supplier or warehouse needs to be based in North America, the UK, or the EU.
What Is Wayfair Dropshipping?
Wayfair is one of the largest homeware and furniture websites. It has over 14 million products from 11,000 suppliers.
The company was started by two dropshippers.
There are two ways to use Wayfair for dropshipping:
- You can use Wayfair as a dropshipping supplier to source your dropshipping products.
- Or you can use Wayfair as a dropshipping marketplace to sell your dropshipping products.
Let’s look at both options in-depth.
Wayfair as a Dropshipping Supplier
You can source products from Wayfair to sell on your own website or another marketplace.
If you want to use Wayfair as a supplier, we recommend using AutoDS.
AutoDS is a dropshipping automation tool that works with Wayfair.
It allows you to search and source products from Wayfair. You can then import them to your store or marketplace.
It also allows you to automate the fulfillment and monitor your price and stock.
If you don’t want to use AutoDS, you can fulfill your orders manually. However, it can be time-consuming to manage and has a risk of errors.
Wayfair as a Dropshipping Marketplace
Wayfair allows sellers to list their products on the Wayfair marketplace.
You can find a winning product idea, find a supplier to source the products from, and create a listing on Wayfair.
Then, when a customer orders your product from Wayfair, you contact your supplier. The supplier will ship the product directly to the customer.
Wayfair has the Wayfair Partner Home. It allows you to create listings and manage your orders.
There are a few terms and conditions you need to adhere to to sell on Wayfair. One of the main ones is that your supplier's warehouse is located in either the EU, UK, or North America.
Can I Dropship On Wayfair?
Yes. Wayfair allows you to list your dropshipping products on the Wayfair marketplace.
It requires you to find a furniture or homeware supplier in the UK, US, or EU with stock available and fast shipping.
It's not our preferred marketplace to dropship on due to the restrictions and lack of control.
However, it is a trusted marketplace with an existing audience. This makes it easier to generate sales compared to using your own website.
Should I Dropship On Wayfair?
If you want to dropship furniture or homeware, you’ve likely considered using Wayfair. Wayfair allows you to either sell or source your products.
There are pros and cons to both. Looking at these can help you decide whether you should use Wayfair for dropshipping.
Firstly, we’ll look at whether Wayfair is the right platform to source your dropshipping products.
Benefits of Using Wayfair as a Dropshipping Supplier
- Free delivery on most orders.
- Fast shipping on most orders.
- Huge variety of home products and furniture to choose from.
- Easy to manage using AutoDS.
- Wayfair has a membership program.
- If you ever need help, Wayfair has an expert help center.
Risks of Using Wayfair as a Dropshipping Supplier
- Low margins as you are paying retail price.
- Wayfair’s products are mostly sold by third-party sellers. This means you could be buying your products from other dropshippers. So, there is a higher risk of stock and price issues compared to sourcing directly from the manufacturer.
- Only limited categories and products are available on Wayfair. Wayfair will only work if you want to sell homeware or furniture.
- Wayfair doesn’t offer shipping to multiple addresses. You need to create a new shipment for each different delivery address.
Next, we’ll look at whether Wayfair is the right platform to sell your dropshipping products.
Benefits of Dropshipping on Wayfair’s Marketplace
- Existing audience to sell your products to.
- Built-in advertising.
- Trusted site.
- Wayfair handles most of the customer contact.
- An expert support team.
- No listing fees.
- Can participate in promotions.
- Wayfair has detailed business insights. The insights allow you to track, analyze, and optimize your business’s performance.
Risks of Dropshipping on Wayfair’s Marketplace
- You cannot set your own price. You set a base cost, and Wayfair sets the selling price.
- Your supplier's warehouse has to be located in the US, UK, or North America.
- Must adhere to Wayfair’s supplier code of conduct and terms of service.
- No control over the return policy.
- Limited contact with customers.
- Difficult to establish yourself as a brand.
How To Dropship with Wayfair
As we’ve seen, there are two ways to dropship with Wayfair, and we’ll show you how to do both here.
How to Use Wayfair as a Dropshipping Supplier
Source your furniture or homeware products from Wayfair.
Then, sell these products on your own website or a marketplace.
You can do this manually by searching Wayfair for the item and creating a listing on your own store or eBay. And when you receive an order, place the order on Wayfair and enter your customer’s details. Wayfair will then send the item directly to the customer.
However, we don’t recommend this method as it’s time-consuming and unreliable.
Wayfair is primarily made up of third-party sellers, so there is always a risk of the product selling out and not being available. You also can’t communicate directly with the seller.
Instead, we recommend using AutoDS. AutoDS is an automation software for dropshippers. It allows you to use Wayfair as a supplier.
You can choose the platform you want to sell on and sign up for a plan that suits you.
AutoDS works with eBay, Shopify, Facebook, Amazon, Wix, WooCommerce, and Etsy.
You can sell Wayfair products on any of these platforms or marketplaces.
Once you sign up, you’ll be able to search for the product on Wayfair through AutoDS.
AutoDS can also help you manage your dropshipping business in the following ways:
- Import Products - Add products from Wayfair directly to your store.
- Price and Stock Monitor - AutoDS automatically monitors Wayfair for price and stock changes. You can then make the necessary changes to your listings.
- Order Manager - View and edit your store's orders.
- Automated Fulfillment - AutoDS will automatically place your customer's order with Wayfair. Wayfair will ship the order automatically to your customer.
- Automatic Tracking Updates - Once Wayfair provides your customer's tracking number, it’ll be available for you to send to your customer.
These features make it easy to run, manage, and scale your dropshipping business with Wayfair as your supplier.
How to Dropship on Wayfair’s Marketplace
In this section, we’ll look at using Wayfair as a dropshipping marketplace. You can list your products and make sales through Wayfair.
How to Find a Winning Product to Dropship on Wayfair
Before you sign up to sell on Wayfair, you’ll need to find a winning product.
If you’ve already found a winning product, you can skip this section.
If you haven’t found a winning product but would rather use a product research tool, check out Dropship’s 7-day free trial.
It allows you to check the exact sales any Shopify store is making. You can use this data to make informed decisions before sourcing, listing, and advertising a product.
These are a few of the ways we use Wayfair to find furniture and homeware in demand:
Auto-Fill Search Bar
Start typing the name of a product into the Wayfair search bar, and it will suggest products.
We don’t know the exact reason these products are suggested. But we can assume they’re suggestions based on popularity and demand. This means that each suggestion is generating sales.
We can look at each suggestion in-depth and see if it could be a winning dropshipping product.
Sort and Filter
You can sort the search results by recommendation, rating, and price.
We recommend sorting by customer rating. This allows you to find products that have a high number of positive reviews. This indicates they’re popular products and ones that customers are happy with.
You can look through the reviews and find what customers value. This can give you product inspiration.
As well as sorting by customer reviews, you can also use the filters on the left-hand side. Wayfair has a comprehensive menu to help shoppers find what they’re looking for.
You can use these filters to search for products that meet your criteria.
We usually click Special Offers and look at New Arrivals.
New arrivals show us which products other sellers are launching. We can look at whether the new products follow a trend. This could be a similar color, style, shape, material, or anything else.
These trends are often in demand. In-demand products attract customers' attention and make sales.
Click on products that you’re interested in, and Wayfair will open the product page.
The product page includes the product description, dimensions, specifications, images, and product recommendations.
It's the product recommendations that give us inspiration. These recommendations are Similar Items, Frequently Bought Together, and Customers Also Viewed.
Similar Items and Customer Also Viewed are products that are competing with the one you’re viewing. This allows you to see how much competition there is and whether you can compete.
Frequently Bought Together can give you ideas for products you could launch that complement the product you’re viewing. It also gives you an insight into the customers who are purchasing the product and what they’re looking for.
Join Wayfair’s Marketplace
Now you’ve found your winning product, it’s time to join Wayfair Partner Home so you can list your products.
Before you do so, you’ll need the following:
- A supplier to source your winning product from. To sell on Wayfair, you’ll need a supplier who has a warehouse based in the EU, UK, or the US. The supplier needs competitive prices, strong availability, and fast fulfillment. Therefore, it's vital you have good communication, a relationship, and an agreement with your supplier.
- Ensure your business complies with Wayfair’s Supplier Code of Conduct.
- Business registration number.
- Liability insurance.
- The other necessary insurance and legal business information.
To apply to Wayfair Partner Home, you need to provide the following information:
- Contact details
- Business information
- Fulfillment centers
- Shipping information
Next, you’ll need to sign Wayfair’s dropship agreement. Then, upload your insurance and configure your inventory feed.
Once your Partner Home account is set up, you can create your product listings.
When you receive an order on Wayfair, you can contact your supplier to fulfill the order.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Wayfair Have Third-Party Sellers?
Yes, Wayfair has over 11,000 sellers on its marketplace.
And if you sell furniture or homeware, you can sign up to sell on Wayfair.
Does Wayfair Own Inventory?
Primarily, Wayfair is a marketplace made up of other sellers. These sellers either own their own stock or use a dropshipping model, where a manufacturer owns the inventory.
Does Wayfair Integrate With Shopify?
There is no direct integration. However, AutoDS allows you to use Wayfair as a supplier for your Shopify store.
Hopefully, this article has helped you decide if Wayfair is right to source or sell dropshipping products.
If you need help finding a winning product to sell on Wayfair, check out Dropship’s 7-day free trial. It allows you to spy on Shopify stores and Facebook ads. You can see what customers buy and how competitive products are.