The thing is, we can only do this with an ad spy tool. After trying several of these, I can say that the best alternative to Big Spy is Dropship.IO. Not that I am biased or anything—Dropship.IO provides more than just giving you data about ads.
This review and list may not have a software program that best fits your needs. However, I encourage you to read, as you may see information here that you would find useful later on.
Here is our list of the best alternatives to BigSpy:
- Dropship.IO – best overall alternative to Big Spy
- Anstrex – best for product importation
- PowerAdSpy – best free alternative to BigSpy
- AdFlex – best affordable alternative to BigSpy
- AdPlexity – best for tracking the ads of competitors
- AdSpyder – best for keyword research
- SpyFu – best for PPC ads
- AdEspresso – best for creating ads and split testing
- Dropispy – best for finding winning products
Let us start!
The 9 Best Alternatives to BigSpy
1. Dropship.IO – best overall alternative to Big Spy
Dropship.IO is the best alternative to BigSpy because of the many features in the tool. While BigSpy only provides access to ad libraries, Dropship.IO makes it possible for you to:
- Find winning products
- Spy on Shopify stores
- Track sales of products and competitors
With Dropship.IO, you no longer need to second-guess whether a product has a huge demand. The big difference between us and other spy tools is that we provide dropshipper store data, not supplier data.
It also allows you to save Facebook ads automatically using our Chrome extension. These get saved to a personal database and can be used to help you learn what works well in your market.
This means you can make better ads for your business, sell more, and thus make more money.
- Product Database – the product database is what you need to search for winning products. You can use it to decide whether a product is worth selling. All it takes is a keyword, and our tool will show you the sales volume and revenue for that product. This data comes from dropshipper sales, not supplier sales.
- Sales Tracker – the sales tracker is a dashboard where you can save stores that you want to track. The overview provides visibility on daily, weekly, and monthly sales. If you click on a store’s profile, you will see more details, like the apps they use, a link to their Facebook details, how many people are tracking the store, and more.
- Competitor Research – use this tool to investigate other stores selling the same products as yours. You will save a lot of time trying to find out who your competitors are. You will find a link to the store, its sales details, store creation date, and other important information you can leverage to compete in the market.
- Portfolio – you will receive a winning product drop every Monday. This winning product is not a random product from AI; we have a team that manually curates these products.
- The tool gives you insights into top products
- You can find suppliers in the database
- The system allows you to track stores and their respective performances
- You can watch tutorial videos that will help you succeed in dropshipping
- We only track Shopify stores for now.
Dropship.IO is not your typical spy tool. It has a complete suite of tools to identify winning products, investigate Shopify stores, and find out what apps your competitors use. You can also track your competitors’ sales and see which of their listed products sell the most.
Use Dropship.IO now—you can register for a free account and enjoy our 7-day free trial without financial commitment!
2. Anstrex – best for product importation
Anstrex offers several services, such as an ad spy tool, supplier and product research tool, and importation tool. With Anstrex, you can spy on ads, build a dropshipping store, manage your inventory, and more.
Here are some of the things you can do with Anstrex.
- Product importation and ordering
- Shopify and BigCommerce integration
- Automated store management
Let us take a closer look at the features.
- Anstrex Native – this is their advertising platform. The tool helps you analyze how to get more value from your ad spend. The coverage of this tool is about 10 million ads in 27 ad networks that you can review. The ad spy tool also comes with a landing page builder.
- Anstrex Push is the ad spy tool where you will have visibility on the cost-per-click bids of your competitors. The data you get here will give you leverage. In addition, you can use it to rip landing pages and learn from other companies’ ad copy.
- Anstrex Dropship – use this tool if you need a dropship supplier and importation tool like Spocket. It will serve you well in looking for winning products and importing them to your store. Anstrex also has a feature where you get store insights, view viral or hot products, and order from suppliers.
- Anstrex Pops – this tool is best for improving ROI, provided you have already established your brand. It is what you need if you want to unlock the secrets of your competitors. This area of the system focuses on pop advertisements.
- It is possible to find winning products in the system
- They have a Chrome extension that makes business management easier
- There are thousands of suppliers and over 6 million products in the database
- It does not have a competitor analysis tool as robust as ours.
Overall, I can recommend Anstrex to dropshippers who want an all-in-one platform. The downside is that it only covers 10,000 suppliers in its database and is expensive. Anstrex is also ideal if your business is now in the advertising phase.
At this point, I must tell you that you will pay multiple fees according to the service you need. The Anstrex dropshipping platform is free but does not include the ad spy tool. The ad spy tool requires a separate subscription, which starts at $69.99 per month per user.
What does this mean? It means that if you subscribe to Anstrex Dropship, you will not have access to Anstrex Native or Push. You need to purchase those tools separately.
3. PowerAdSpy – best free alternative to BigSpy
PowerAdSpy lets you discover what big or start-up brands do to improve their sales or conversion rates. The tool has coverage on over 110 million ads in 100+ countries. They add more than 100,000 new ads to the database per day.
The purpose of this tool is to give you insights into ad performance. You can view an ad’s copy, image, video, and call-to-action. Once you have this data, you can assess if the ad is successful—and if it is, you can get inspiration from what they did.
- Multiple Social Media – with PowerAdSpy, you can view ads from Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Google, and other platforms. The benefit is that you can target ads specific to a platform—the same platform where you want to market your products. As you know, each platform has a different user behavior, expectation, and demographic.
- Chrome Extension – you can install a free extension that lets you quickly spy on an ad while browsing. You can view ad stats from your Facebook news feed, and it also works on other advertising networks like Quora and Reddit.
- PPC Spy Tool – use this tool to see your competitors’ target audience based on their ads. Essentially, the tool provides data related to competitors’ ads. You will know how they market their ads to particular demographics, keywords, locations, age, etc.
- Impressions Index – the index is a number that quickly gives your insight into the ad’s popularity. A low number means the viewers are not interested in these ads. As such, you can narrow your search to
- The platform covers multiple advertising networks
- You can filter your search in so many ways
- You can track ads and see how stats change daily
- You will not find supplier data in this tool.
PowerAdSpy works best if you look forward to bumping up your advertising activities. The tool makes it possible to reduce research time, as it offers multiple filter options so you can narrow your search.
The advantage of PowerAdSpy is the size of its database. You can access millions of ads from various platforms from over 100 countries. As such, you can split your marketing efforts by government and leverage data from what PowerAdSpy shows.
4. AdFlex – best affordable alternative to BigSpy
The big three in the advertising industry are Google, Facebook, and TikTok. AdFlex covers 15 ad networks and 80 countries. Right now, they have over 15 million ads in their database. The company may not be as huge as the others in this list, but the tool does provide valuable insights that can help you boost your conversion rate.
With AdFlex, you can do the following things:
- Understand the key strengths of high-performing ads
- Filter your ad search in many ways
- Access advertising data for more than 90 days of its historical activities
- Filter Successful Ads – the tool has several filter options, and you can search for ads that made sales or ads that have the best click-through rate, impression rate, etc. You must focus your efforts on Google, TikTok, or a platform the system covers.
- Gather Ad Data – one of the key factors to succeed in advertising is targeting. With AdFlex, you will see the targeted demographics of successful ads. With this information in hand, you no longer have to experiment and see how people would react to your ads. all you need to do now is copy an ad’s targeted interest, country or city, placement, etc.
- E-Commerce Platforms – you can filter ads based on the store’s e-Commerce platform. You can spy on stores built on Shopify, WooCommerce, and other platforms. This feature allows you to find competitors’ ads, provided you are sure that the store you are investigating is a dropshipper.
- The tool is user-friendly
- You can filter your search for native ads, Facebook ads, Google, or TikTok
- It is possible to access pre-tested ads (ads that other companies have already launched)
- You can re-use the most optimized landing page of other companies
- The coverage is not as big as PowerAdSpy.
I recommend AdFlex if you want a program that has an easy-to-use interface. Compared to the search filter options of other ad spy tools, AdFlex offers more. In addition, you can analyze landing pages, not just copy or rip them.
AdFlex offers a free account. However, you can only view 300 ads on one device in a free version. To get the best out of the tool, subscribe to a paid plan, which will only cost you $29.99 monthly.
5. AdPlexity – best for tracking the ads of competitors
What makes AdPlexity unique is you can follow the advertisements of specific stores. The system allows you to type a store name or brand name and then see their ads on the platform of your choice.
This service is a bit similar to what we offer, but I must admit that they have a bigger coverage for ad spying. Right now, AdPlexity tracks ads in over 75 countries. In addition, you can filter your search by device type.
- Coverage – AdPlexity tracks ads from major dropshipping markets like the US and the UK. Overall, you can view ads from more than 75 countries. The benefit of this is you can tailor your ads according to the geographical demographic of your choice. You will know what kind of ad works best for specific regions.
- Ad Conversion – one of the most useful data you can see on the platform is conversion. AdPlexity will show you if an ad made sales. As you know, ads can have a high impression or click-through rate, but that does not mean the ad made sales. It is always best to sort results based on conversion rate—view the ads that drove sales and learn from them.
- Filter Options – there are many ways to filter your search and narrow the results. You can even use an affiliate advertiser’s name, or the network name, to find ads. In addition, you can search the system based on the publisher’s name. You can type your competitor’s name so the system only shows ads from that entity. If you know how your competitor succeeds with their ads, you can copy their strategy.
- It is easy to search the platform; you can type keywords or advertiser names.
- The system allows you to “rip” or download landing pages
- It is possible to see real-time data; you do not have to wait for the system to update
- The subscription cost is astronomical at $199 monthly.
I recommend AdPlexity for big dropshipping businesses. You need this if you are in the process of bumping up your advertising activities. You can use AdPlexity to learn how people respond based on device, country, and even affiliate networks.
It is also an excellent tool for marketing agencies. You can use this tool for a month and then milk it as much as possible. Download the landing pages, ad copies, reports—everything you can. You can make notes and create a plan based on your gathered data.
6. AdSpyder – best for keyword research
AdSpyder is a keyword checker, and ad spy rolled into one. It covers the following platforms:
- Google Ads
Like all other ad tools, it aims to provide advertising intelligence. Like the previous tool, I love that AdSpyder can show me the conversion rate of an ad.
Right now, AdSpyder has coverage on seven major platforms. These are Reddit, Flipkart, Amazon, YouTube, Bing, Google, and Facebook.
- Keyword Checker – this feature works like a pay-per-click search tool. It enables you to see ads based on a keyword. Because of this, you can avoid high-demand keywords. You can use this to check for Amazon, Flipkart, and Google keywords.
- Big Database – the platform has over 100 million ad copies in the database. These ad copies are from old ads and ads that are currently running. You can search this database based on keywords, country, ad position, and impression data.
- Domain Checker – this feature allows you to type a domain, and then the system will show you the ad keywords that this domain used. If this ad has conversions, it shows that you must use these keywords, too.
- Ad Analytics – once your search results are in, click the ad, and you will see historical data. The basic analytic data include impressions, engagements, sales, etc. You can save the data and use them later for comparison against other ads.
- It is easy to filter or sort the advertisements
- They have a huge database of 100 million ad copies
- The ad analytics can show you guidance about how an ad performed
- You can check 50 keywords at once
- There is no free plan; the cheapest is $49 monthly.
AdSpyder works best if you want to advertise on either Google or Meta. At the basic plan, you can only access these two ad networks. If you want to access all the networks, such as TikTok and Instagram, you must upgrade to the highest plan, which costs $249 monthly.
Overall, the company tracks more than 50,000 brands. Use it to see trending ads on your desired platform or learn from the biggest brands in your niche.
7. SpyFu – best for PPC ads
SpyFu is like an ad spy tool on steroids. It not only shows you ads and their analyses thereof, but they also offer an SEO marketing platform. In addition to that, you can use the tool to help you drive organic traffic.
- Keyword Rankings – you can track your targeted keywords’ ranking on search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo. A feature like this works best if you want to supplement your traffic with organic traffic, not just ads.
- PPC Spy Tool is a keyword research tool where you can find the best keywords for your campaigns. The report shows how much you must prepare for advertising with particular keywords.
- Monitor Competitors – you can monitor competitors using the same keywords as yours. The system will show you if they made changes to their bids.
- You can use the tool for both SEO and PPC campaigns.
- You can export data and analyze it with Excel.
- You can go as far back as ten years.
- It is best for search engine campaigns.
SpyFu is great for search engine ads. It does not provide you with access to social media ads. As such, you cannot get business intelligence for social media platforms.
Despite that, you can use SpyFu to do social media outreach. There is a tool here that allows you to target social media influencers. You can build a relationship directly with the influencer or use them in your keyword-based ad campaigns.
8. AdEspresso – best for creating ads and split testing
AdEspresso is a tool that helps you create, launch, and manage ads from a single dashboard. While AdEspresso is not exactly a spy tool, its AI knows how other ads in your niche are performing.
Because of this, the AdEspresso system can recommend actions you need to take to improve your ad performance. For one, it can even help you reduce your advertising costs.
- Create Ads – you can create an ad inside your AdEspresso account and launch the same ad on different advertising networks. The ad creation modules also allow you to do split tests. The main benefit of this feature is you no longer have to upload and re-upload the same copy on different networks. You edit in one tool and launch the same ad on various platforms.
- Ad Management – this feature allows you to boost a post based on the parameters you set automatically. In addition, you can use this tool to create a dynamic ad by simply uploading your product catalog. The ad tool will automatically choose which products to show the audience and replace the images according to what the AI thinks would work best.
- Analysis – it is up to you to select the metrics you want to see on your dashboard. AdEspresso can provide you with granular reports that automatically go to your email. This report is in PDF format.
- You can optimize your ads based on the tool’s analysis.
- You can manage your ads on different platforms from one dashboard.
- You can learn from the experts of the AdEspresso team.
- You cannot view the ads of competitors.
I recommend AdEspresso if you want to advertise on multiple platforms. It is a different kind of spy tool in that it does the analysis for you.
The pricing scheme of AdEspresso is a tad different. The lowest cost is $49 per month, but you can only use the tool to advertise at a maximum value of $1,000 monthly. You can expect to manage unlimited ad spend as you upgrade your account.
9. Dropispy – best for finding winning products
Like BigSpy, Dropispy is a database of millions of ads from different advertising networks. The way it works is similar to other spy tools, where you type a keyword, and the tool will show you results in the form of thumbnails.
These thumbnails are thumbnails of ads. If anything catches your attention, you can click on that thumbnail to view more details and stats.
- Database Size – as of this writing, DropiSpy has over 50 million ads you can review. Every day, the company adds 20,000 more ads. There surely is an ad here that belongs to your niche, particularly an ad that performs which you can draw inspiration from.
- Viral Products – although the products you will see here are not exactly top-sellers, they are viral so that people respond positively to the ad. You can choose to view viral ads only. This way, you will only sift through ads making it big in the marketing space.
- Drill Down – you can narrow your search based on many factors. These include keywords, country of ad placement, and ad network. This filtering process will help you remove millions of ads from your results pages, making it possible to concentrate on ads that matter to your business.
- The tool is easy to use
- You will certainly find a winning ad for your niche
- The database has new ads daily
- You need to upgrade and pay to get the best out of the tool.
Although Dropispy has a free version, you do not get enough “credits” to use the tool. You can use it for basic searches, but you will not have access to meaningful stats and analytical data.
I recommend Dropispy if you want an ad spy tool within the reach of your budget. On a free plan, you will have to compensate for it with effort, as you cannot use the advanced filters unless you pay.
Benefits of Using an Ad Spy Tool
Do you need an ad spy tool? If your dropshipping website is up and running, and you now have trustworthy suppliers, then yes, you need an ad spy tool.
Here are the benefits:
- You can get to see what types of ads consumers respond to
- You can find the ads of your competitors and do better than them
- You can learn how to make converting ad copies and landing pages
Marketing is one of the biggest challenges in dropshipping. You can choose the best products and reliable suppliers, but no one will know your store exists. You can share it on social media, but that is not enough.
Advertising is the only way to go. However, targeting the wrong people, sending them to a bad landing page, and using bad ad copy will fail. Alternatively, you can use ad spy tools to expedite your learning curve.
How to Pick the Right Ad Spy Tool
The right spy tool to use depends on what you need. Below are some tips to consider before picking from our list.
- Coverage of the advertising tool
- Statistical analysis that the ad spy tool provides.
- Cost of the spy tool
- Other features that allow you to spy on stores, not just ads.
Ad spy tools will not be part of your arsenal for long. You can only use these tools for a few days to gather data. Once you have enough information, you can close your account. By this time, you already know what types of ads work.
I would suggest considering Dropship.IO over the others at this point. We provide you with access to Facebook ads and give you data about your competitors. You will need our product database and competitor research tools for a while.
FAQ: Best Alternative to BigSpy
What is the best display ads spy tool?
The best display ads spy tool is PowerAdSpy. It is free, and it has coverage on Google Ads.
What is the best free AdSpy tool?
The best free ad spy tool is PowerAdSpy. You can use the service for free and all its components for a limited period. If you want to use it longer, you can pay a small chunk of money but not make a monthly commitment.
What is an ad spy tool?
An ad spy tool is a system that allows you to search for ads, view them, and investigate the inner workings of the ad. It works best for people who are marketing their products.
Is there a tool for spying on Google ads?
Yes, there are several on our list; the best is PowerAdSpy.
The next step is to try our program, Dropship.IO, and see how our suite of tools can help you spy on ads on the Facebook platform. As a dropshipper, we understand that you need more than an ad spy tool—you need to know if a product is in demand, which we provide. Sign up for our 7-day free trial and see the difference!