Over the years, I realized that countries do not have the same demands. You will find some similarities, in our list, but I have learned that each country reacts differently to products compared to others. This I learned for advertising on various social media platforms.
In this article, you will learn:
- How to identify high-demand products
- Top products in niches per country
- Where to find high-demand products and suppliers
In the end, you should be able to create a standard of what high-demand products are and also have an idea of which ones to penetrate per country as a dropshipper.
What is a High Demand Product?
A high-demand product is a product that is hot in the market. People are looking for it, and they will purchase the item immediately if they see a good deal. A good example of a high-demand product is the iPhone. Another one is the PS5.
As a dropshipper, you will not sell these things, so we will concentrate our study on high-demand products that have suppliers or the dropshipping industry.
Essentially, a high-demand product is one that already gained a solid foothold in the market. Consumers know it already, so you do not need to spend a lot of money educating consumers as to why they must make a purchase.
You can find high-demand products in all niches, so you do not have to worry about what niche you are in. However, we also cannot deny that the world has a demand for specific things, as shown below.
DATA SOURCE: Oberlo
These stats are facts, so you must also take into consideration how consumers behave year after year. In this article, we will concentrate on items that belong to these categories.
How to Find High-Demand Winning Products for Dropshipping
Before we dig through our list of high-demand products in various countries, we need to define what a winning product is.
Sometimes, you may get to think a product is a winner, only to find out that it is not. As such, there is a need to properly identify not only a high-demand product but also one that is legit and a real winner.
The first thing you want to look at is sales. A high sales volume is indicative of high demand. The thing is, you also need to be careful of this number because some can be misleading.
For example, an AliExpress product may show that it has 10,000 sales. Although it may look good, it does not mean the sales data came from many customers. For all you know, the bulk of that sales figure came from a few customers who ordered a massive quantity of the Amazon FBA business.
The best way to find out if there is real demand for a product is through careful research, not just the supplier’s sales figures. For example, you can use Google Trends to see interest scores. You can also use our product research tool, Dropship.IO, to find out if a particular product has a high demand.
2. Ad Responses
Ads will show you if a product is a winner or not, and you can make this decision based on how the ad is performing on any platform.
Take a look at this example:
This is a video ad from our new tool, Ad Spot, and you can see at the bottom that it has over 2,700 reactions, 452 comments, 40 shares, and 43,000 ad views.
While we cannot show you the conversion rate of this ad, I can assure you that an ad with this kind of response makes it a high-demand winning product.
3. Supplier Reliability
Another thing you must look into is supplier reliability. If a product is making the rounds in e-commerce, can this supplier keep up with the demand? In my experience, the best way to check for supplier reliability is by ordering the product yourself.
Photos and videos can mislead you. Several times, I ordered products from suppliers because they looked fantastic online, only to get disappointed once I received them. The products were made of cheap plastic, so I did not post them in my store.
You can also learn a lot about the supplier’s fulfillment processes and timelines if you order the item yourself. I did this myself and I was surprised that some suppliers take a week to pack and ship the item. Yes, they waited for a week before they took my package to the shipping courier’s office.
The lesson here is that a product may look like it is a winner and that it is in high demand. However, if the supplier is poorly executing his end of the deal, you will lose.
Overall, you need to check three things to decide if a product is a winner or not. First off, validate the sales figures and check if the numbers are legit. Second, check if the product has ads, and investigate how the viewers are responding. Finally, look for a reliable supplier and validate if the product’s quality meets your standards.
Best High-Demand Products to Sell Per Country
In this section, I will provide you with a list of the best high-demand products in the top dropshipping markets. For each country, we will look at its top niches, and then I will recommend several product types based on my research from our product research tool, Dropship. IO.
The way I did this research in our tool is per niche and country. Please note that in many cases, it is not uncommon that I could not find enough data for product niches specific to a country. This should not be a big concern since many dropshippers do not concentrate their marketing efforts on one particular country only.
We have a better view of the best high-demand products in the USA. As you know, the USA is the leading economy in the world so there is no shortage of statistics for e-commerce.
The top five are clothing, shoes, food, bags, and cosmetics. We need to remove food from our list, as it is not a common item to dropship. Besides, like other countries, the US is strict when it comes to the importation of food, animal, and agricultural products. As such, we can replace food with pet products.
Here are my recommendations:
- Clothing – niched clothing selections that have something to do with specific demographics, such as yoga, sports, high fashion, etc.
- Shoes – sell shoes that attract a specific kind of market, such as women’s shoes, formal wear, sneakers, sports, shoes, etc.
- Bags – the top types of bags that you want to sell to the US market are women’s handbags and bags for students.
- Cosmetics – do not sell cosmetics such as lipsticks unless your supplier is approved by the FDA. At best, dropship cosmetic items such as brushes, cosmetic bags, and similar items that have no chemicals in them.
- Pet Products – do not sell pet products that are all too common such as leashes. Focus on pet products that use new tech, or those that bring entertainment value to the pet owners.
The USA is the biggest dropshipping market, so finding suppliers is not hard. However, you are also competing against so many dropshippers. The trick here is to ensure that your products are worth their price and that your suppliers ship the items quickly.
2. South Africa
South Africa is an emerging economy with the largest stock exchange in the African continent. There are 125,000 millionaires in the country, so it is not surprising that fashion and hobby are in the top five of its high-demand dropshipping products.
Here are my product recommendations for each niche:
- Fashion – sneakers, casual shoes, waterproof windbreakers, jewelry, and wristwatches.
- Toys – toy cars, swimming pool toys, interactive toys, and educational wooden toys.
- Electronics – phone and tablet accessories
- Furniture and Appliances – computer tables, kitchenware, and bedroom fixtures
- Food and Personal Care – focus on cosmetics and beauty products; the African continent has strict rules about shipping food, seeds, animal by-products, etc.
The Philippines is an emerging market in Southeast Asia. Right now, the most dominant e-commerce platforms here are Shopee and Lazada. You can use both platforms as a dropshipper by using CJDropshipping.
Ninja Van, one of the leading e-commerce logistics carriers in the country, said that the top high-demand niches in the Philippines are:
- Electronics and gadgets – phone accessories, phones, tablet holders, phone stands.
- Clothing and fashion accessories – t-shirts, bags, shoes, etc.
- Skincare products – many Filipinos want fairer and whiter skin, and the government is not as strict as the US in blocking imported chemical goods. You can easily find these products in AliExpress and dropship them to the Philippines.
- Home and kitchen items – Filipinos love to cook and would spend money on knives and other kitchen knickknacks that would make cooking easier and faster.
- Baby and kids’ wear/accessories – this niche includes baby toys. For clothing, focus on bibs, affordable diapers, and comfortable clothing fit for a tropical region.
Your biggest challenge as a dropshipper in the Philippines is that Filipinos do not typically shop on unknown websites. They would rather place their orders in the biggest online marketplaces like Lazada and Shopee. As such, you must consider dropshipping on these two platforms.
With a population of one billion people, there surely is a market here, especially since e-commerce has changed India’s shopping behavior. The country expects the number of online shoppers to increase by 427 million by 2027, so it is high time to get started now.
According to Amazon India, the top five high-demand products to sell in India are:
- Air Purifier
- Fitness Equipment
We need to replace tea with the sixth most in-demand product, which is clothing and apparel. What I would seriously consider to dropship is an air purifier, as India is facing severe cases of smog and air pollution.
Clothing is also a good choice, but I can say that you must target the male population. Believe it or not, men are more likely to shop online for clothes than women in India. According to the Times of India, men’s clothing accounts for 58% of clothing purchases online, while women only account for 36%.
There was a time when people associated Nigeria with “prince scams.” Even PayPal was weary of this country in the past. Now, you can do business in the country and sell your products with little to no worries.
Nigeria is an upcoming country. It experienced an economic slump during the pandemic. With a change in administration in 2023, Nigeria is going through several economic reforms that would poise it as a lucrative e-commerce market.
According to ECDB, a leading statistics platform, the top five high-demand products in Nigeria are:
- Electronics – television and monitors, cameras, audio, and home theater.
- Hobby and Leisure – drones, power generators for camping
- Fashion - shirts, polos, jeans, underwear, etc.
- Furniture and Homeware – kitchen appliances, small furniture, décor, etc.
- Care Products – skincare, multivitamins, shave, hair removal products, etc.
Right now, the online share of sales of retail goods is only 1.1%. It is expected to creep up slowly to 1.5% in 2027. What does this mean? It means that in the current state of Nigeria’s economy, only 1.1% of all physical goods are bought online.
The percentage of online sales is paltry for a few reasons: the reputation of Nigeria as a “scam” country, an underserved market, and poor internet infrastructure.
There is internet in Nigeria. If there wasn’t, or if it was not accessible enough, then there could not have been a way for scammers to pull off their malicious activities, right?
In my humble opinion, internet sales in the country are small because few people attempt to do e-commerce business here—it is a void that a dropshipper like you can fill.
SOURCE: Mordor Intelligence
The expectation from Canada is huge. Forecasts indicate that the country will see an e-commerce increase in revenue of 14.5%. According to another statistical reference, there are seven huge markets in the Canadian e-commerce scene . However, I will only take the top five.
By far, the top five Canadian e-commerce niches are:
- Fashion – matching family clothes, fleece sweatshirts, belts, socks, and workout clothing for women.
- Hobby & Leisure – video games, musical instruments, and books.
- Electronics – waterproof speakers, Bluetooth wireless headphones, and indoor security cameras.
- Furniture and Home Care – bedding and linen, fryers, decors,
- Care Products – lip moisturizers, lips balms, eye masks, hair wax, teeth whitening kit, and pimple patches
I took the product recommendations above from Amazon Canada. I went to the website to see the top-selling products in these respective categories.
Like the United States, Canada is a highly valued market, so expect tough competition if you want to dropship to Canadian customers. Pick products that serve a small or niche market and try not to sell products that everyone is already selling on Amazon Canada.
The e-commerce scene in Kenya is growing, not as fast as in other countries, but it certainly is moving in the right direction. The main problem in the country is internet penetration. Back in 2017, only 26% of people in Kenya had access to the internet. That number has since grown to 30%.
The e-commerce market in Kenya is small. The people who buy online goods in Kenya only make up 0.5% of the population. That is right—it is less than 1%.
The top products you can sell in Kenya are:
- Electronics – mobile phones and gaming consoles
- Hobby and Leisure – books and games; toys for kids
- Fashion – shirts, and fashionable accessories for both men and women
- Furniture & Homeware – bedside lamps, home and living items such as décor,
- Care products – diapers, diaper bags, baby care products, etc.
The Communications Authority of Kenya said that 27% of companies in the country sold their items online. it is a small figure, and they expect a turnover or failure rate of 25% for online businesses. Many Kenyans are still weary of buying online goods. In addition, many Kenyans do not have a way to pay for goods online.
Pakistan has a population of around 200 million, and only 44 million of them are internet users. The country has a low literacy level and there is a need to improve and increase the internet infrastructure in the country.
Nevertheless, the top five niches you must penetrate in Pakistan are :
- Hobby & Leisure – hardware and tools for hobbies
- Electronics – graphics cards, computer electronics, and smartwatches
- Furniture & Homeware – home décor, bedding, and home appliances
- Care Products -
- Fashion – bags and clothing; jewelry and children’s clothes
Around 60% of Pakistani commerce is still informal, which means people still use cash. Should you dropship in the country, I encourage you to use Facebook as your marketing platform, as there are 49 million active Facebook users in the country.
9. New Zealand
According to DHL, a leading logistics carrier, New Zealand is in a position to increase its e-commerce penetration to 60.5% by 2027 . By that time, the average revenue per user (ARPU) will also increase to $1,950 per year, which means that it is a good time to start dropshipping to New Zealand now.
Meanwhile, eCommerce DB states that the top five niches for New Zealand are :
- Electronics – portable devices; accessories for laptops and phones
- Fashion – a mix of international and Kiwi fashion styles; athleisure clothing and handmade clothing
- Hobby and Leisure – toys and games for kids, including retro video games and collectibles
- Furniture & Homeware – this niche is growing at a rate of 1.2% annually in the country. The things that I recommend you sell are bedding, kitchen, and dining room furniture.
- Care Product – beauty products such as moisturizers. Please note that people in New Zealand prefer organic beauty care products.
Grocery is fifth on the list, but I have to replace that as we cannot dropship groceries. I tried to look for specifics but there is no Amazon in New Zealand.
However, Commission Factory, a leading affiliate platform, can provide us with more data about the top products that people in New Zealand buy for each of the top categories, which I already included in the list above.
10. United Kingdom
Like the United States, the United Kingdom is one of the best markets for dropshipping. Although the UK’s population is small compared to the US, its economy is comparable. In addition, the UK has a high internet penetration rate. There are 66 million internet users in the country against its population of 67 million.
According to the UK government , the top five niches here are:
- Fashion – British people are good dressers; should you decide to dropship clothing items, ensure that your products meet the expectations of UK consumers.
- Electronics – tablets, phone accessories, batteries, wearable tech, GPS devices, etc.
- Toys, hobby & DIY – Lego sets, dress-up and pretend toys, novelty and gag toys, and figurines
- Beauty, Health & Care – haircare, skincare, shaving cream, etc.
- Furniture or Home & Garden – bedding and linens, scented candles, kitchen appliances, air fryers, etc.
These top five are similar to the US, except for food and pet products. This is not to say that the UK is not a huge pet product market—it is the second-best product market in the world.
The e-commerce situation in Australia saw sustained growth in 2022. Experts suggest that the trend is going up in the next few years, with an expected growth rate of 10.41%. By 2027, experts suggest that the country will have a revenue of $64.18 billion .
There are several markets you can consider if you dropship in Australia, but the top five are:
- Electronics – air tags, Bluetooth speakers, travel adapters, triple A batteries, and car phone holders
- Fashion – Crocs, sleep headphones, water shoes, magnetic wallets, and compression packing cubes for traveling
- Hobby & Leisure – card games, Lego building kits, doodle mats, swim goggles, inflatable pillows for camping
- Furniture, Homeware, & DIY – doorbells, multi-tools, cable organizers, and tool kits like screwdriver bits
- Care Products – strengthening oils, hairbrushes, hair masks, and shower gels
Of all these, I encourage you to focus on the electronic niche as it accounts for 22.2% of the e-commerce sales in the country. In addition, it is my finding that Australians tend to shop first by doing a Google search. As such, you will do well by focusing on your search engine optimization rather than advertising on social media platforms.
The last on our list of countries is Germany. In the past few years, there has been an explosion in the levels of growth in the e-commerce industry in the country. In 2021, the revenue for e-commerce reached over 97 billion euros. The expectation is that by 2027, revenue will increase to over $137 billion by 2027.
The top five high-demand products in Germany are:
- Fashion – men’s formal belts, stainless steel necklaces for women, boxer shorts, beanie hats, opaque leggings, and alpaca socks
- Hobby and Leisure – water bottles, kick scooters, fitness rollers, and dumbbells.
- Electronics – sad power adapters, chargers, Bluetooth speakers, smartwatches
- Furniture & Homeware – kitchen appliances, non-stick cooking pans, double-sided blankets, jar candles, and scented candles
- Care Products – hairbrush, shower fragrances, hair straighteners and curlers, and colognes
I went to Amazon Germany to look for top sellers, and these are the things that I recommend in the bullet points above. Germany is the 6th largest e-commerce market. As such, be prepared for tough competition. I also strongly encourage you to create your dropshipping store in German.
Best High-Demand Products: Our Recommendation
Here is a table where you can find high-demand products that you can sell. We selected these products based on the top high-demand products in the countries we discussed earlier.
Best High-Demand Products to Sell in Amazon
Finding the best high-demand products to sell on Amazon is easy. Simply head to https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers/zgbs and you will see different items in their best seller list.
This list will change from time to time. As you can also observe, the one on our screenshot only has best sellers for home and kitchen goods. If you want to look for items in a different niche, click on the product category on the left panel.
From the same screenshot, I need you to look at the star rating; there is a number beside it that shows how many people left a review. Let us take a look at the first product, which is a tumbler with 33,865 reviews and a 4.5-star rating.
I clicked that product, and here is what I got:
Amazon does not show the total sales of a product listing, but experts suggest that only about 2% of buyers leave a review. In this case, we are looking at 1,693,250 units sold for this product. In the highlighted area in red, we can also see that this product sold over 10,000 units in the previous month.
Do this for different niches and products, and list down the best sellers that you find. From here, you can start looking for suppliers for your dropshipping business.
Best High-Demand Products to Sell on eBay
Unlike Amazon, eBay does not disclose the best-selling items on its platform. If you need data, you have to use tools like Watch.Com to find winning products. The thing is, all software programs that provide numbers like this are not accurate.
While tools can give you a starting point, they are not free. What I recommend as an alternative is to search manually. For example, if I want to sell drones, I will go to eBay and type “drone.” In this case, this is what I got:
As you can see, the top two in the search results have sales. The first one has 45 product ratings, and the second one has 11. Just below the blue check mark, you will also see how many items these sellers sold.
Let us click on the first one to see more details.
This one is an expensive drone because it is a popular brand. Just above the BUY IT NOW button, you will see the number of items sold. If people can buy a drone for this price, then you can surely find something similar in AliExpress at a lower price and sell it for a profit.
You can also look at the number of people who watch the item—the text is in red. Here, we can see that 13 people added this item to their watch list in the last 24 hours.
I know this is a tedious way to find best-selling products on eBay, but it is the most accurate. There are many tools you can use, but there is no way you can verify the accuracy of the data they provide.
Best High-Demand Products to Sell on Etsy
Like eBay, Etsy has no dedicated page for its best-sellers. You can use tools like Etsy Hunt, but nothing beats manual research, which you can start with a keyword.
Here, I typed the keyword “wall art.”
The top of the search results shows MOST LOVED, which is Etsy’s way of saying best sellers. As you can see, the thumbnails provide us with data such as the number of ratings, rating, price, and store name.
Clicking on the first item, this is what I got:
There are two things I want to highlight here. The one on the top right shows whether the product is in demand or not. Use this information to find Etsy items that are trending.
The second one at the bottom shows the number of ratings for this seller and the item. It is a bit misleading if you ask me. The thumbnail earlier shows the number of reviews for the product, but here we can see that only 364 people reviewed this item. The review count of 13,687 represents the total reviews for this seller, not this product.
Unlike eBay, you will not see how many items sold for this product. However, you can, to a degree, tell yourself if it is a best seller or not based on the number of reviews.
Where to Find High-Demand Products to Sell Online: Dropship Suppliers
Dropship.IO is a spy tool you can use to find best sellers. With it, you can find products that have the best sales record on the Shopify platform. You do not have to test products anymore—use Dropship.IO to see if your idea works or not.
- Product Database – use this to find products and see how these products perform in terms of sales.
- Competitor Research – you can track Shopify stores, see their sales performance, the apps they use, how many products they have in their listing, and what social channels they have.
- Dropship University – whether you are new to dropshipping or not, there are videos you can watch to learn how to use the tool to help you succeed in your dropshipping business.
- Easy to use
- You can spy on Shopify stores
- You can track sales performance by store or by product
- The tool only tracks Shopify stats
Dropship.IO is not a free tool, you can use it for free for 7 days during your trial period. There are also new features being introduced regularly to improve the tool’s capabilities, such as the Ad Spot where you can browse winning ads on Facebook.
SaleHoo is a product directory and dropship supplier integration tool. These two products are separate, so you have to purchase just one or both, depending on what you need.
- Supplier Database – there are more than 8,000 suppliers here, all approved by SaleHoo; what this means is that all suppliers are credible and that they know they are working with dropshippers.
- Stats – the directory provides stats like sale rate and number of stores that carry a product. These stats can help you decide if it is a good idea to sell a specific item. You will also see if the competition for a product among dropshippers is low or high.
- Product Import – if you get the SaleHoo Dropship tool, you can connect your Shopify store and import SaleHoo products directly to your shop.
- SaleHoo has a market research lab that tells you the competition level for a product
- You will easily see potential profit margins in the product report
- All suppliers went through an approval process
- There is no free account
SaleHoo is great if you want to dropship from AliExpress. Most of the suppliers here are from the AliExpress platform. If you already have a dropship supplier integration tool, the SaleHoo Directory should be enough for your business needs.
CJDropshipping is a product import tool that is mainly a hub for AliExpress suppliers. What makes CJ different is that it offers a supplier-sourcing service.
- Supplier Sourcing – if there is a product you like that is not on the CJ platform, you can file a request and they will look for that supplier. All you need to do is provide the link and image. If the sourcing is a success, you can now import that product from CJ to your store.
- Trending Products – CJ has a section that only shows trending products. As such, you will not have a hard time looking for products that you can sell. You can browse each one and check the stats.
- Integration – CJ integrates with several platforms; some examples are Shopify, Etsy, TikTok, and Wix.
- They offer a sourcing service
- CJDropshipping is free to use
- Most of the products are from China, so you do not get a lot of international selections
CJDropshipping works best if you want to dropship products from AliExpress. Some CJ suppliers also have warehouses in other countries like the USA, Germany, etc. Because of this, it is possible to dropship only items that are also in the same location as your target market.
Spocket is like CJDropshipping, but Spocket is not exclusive to AliExpress suppliers. You can use Spocket to find winning products not only from AliExpress but also from international suppliers.
- Winning Products – Spocket has a category where the system will show you nothing but winning products. However, this page is not available if you are not on the free plan. You have to subscribe to a paid plan and pay at least $39.99 monthly.
- Order Processing – you do not have to contact the supplier to process your order. You can immediately process your order from your Spocket dashboard.
- Integration – Spocket integrates with many platforms, including Shopify, Amazon, BigCommerce, and many more.
- The system is easy to use
- Many options for integration
- There is an option to source products for the US or EU only
- You have to pay to get the most out of the platform
Unlike other dropship supplier integration systems, Spocket allows you to chat directly with suppliers. What this means is there is no longer a third-party person who will coordinate our messages to the supplier. As a result, you get faster results about your inquiries and requests to your suppliers.
AppScenic is what I recommend if you want to sell high-demand products that are also of high quality. You can also white label the products and make them look like they are your own.
- Automation – you can automate the ordering process; if a customer orders from your store, the AppScenic system will send this order to the supplier and charge your credit card. You do not need to process these orders yourself.
- Integration – you can integrate AppScenic with several platforms like WooCommerce, Shopify, etc.
- Academy – there is a section in AppScenic where you can learn everything you need to know about dropshipping. However, this course is not free. You must pay at least $67.
- Lots of high-quality products
- You can automate the ordering process
- Your product details automatically sync with updated data on the platform
- The free account is not useful at all
Although you can use AppScenic for free, the free account only allows you to connect to one store and import 100 products. You cannot place orders, so it is pretty much a useless kind of account. To process orders, you need to pay a subscription fee.
The next step is to first decide what countries you want to penetrate. Then, get my list of the top niches per country, and then use our product database, Dropship.IO, to find winning products that you can sell.
We offer a 7-day free trial that allows you to find suppliers, view sales and revenue stats per product or store, and focus on your competitors. Sign up now and start your dropshipping journey the right way!