We’ve created several private-label products in different niches for our e-commerce stores. By doing so, we’ve explored various ways to find manufacturers and what to look for in a good one.
Alibaba has been our go-to platform for direct contact with manufacturers. However, as none of the manufacturers are pre-vetted, it can be challenging to find a reliable one.
Other sites, like Thomas Net, are safer options as they pre-vet their suppliers before adding them to the platform.
Continue reading to find the right private-label manufacturer for your products.
Quick Look at Our Recommended Manufacturers
7 Marketplaces to Find Private Label Manufacturers
- Dropship.io - Best for Reliable Suppliers
- AliExpress - Best for Small Orders
- Thomas Net - Best for the US and Canadian Sellers
- Alibaba - Best for Private-Label Manufacturers Worldwide
- DHGate - Best for Product Variety
- Niche Dropshipping - Best for Personalized Service
- Pietra - Best for Social Media Selling
15 Private Label Manufacturers
- Steve Apparel - Best for Custom Clothing
- Printful - Best for Custom Accessories Worldwide
- Trilogy Laboratories - Best for Skincare Products Worldwide
- Printify - Best for Dropshipping Beginners
- Max Private Label - Best for Hair Products and Men's Grooming Products Worldwide
- Alanic - Best for Running Tops
- My Drink Beverages - Best for Creating Drinks Worldwide
- AM Furniture Group - Best for Bespoke Furniture Worldwide
- Create Fashion Brand - Best for Sustainable Fashion Worldwide
- Seven Trees - Best for Wooden Furniture in the US
- Butterball Farms - Best for Butter in the US
- K&B Labs - Best for Cosmetics in the US
- Private Label Foods - Best for Sauces in the US and Canada
- Vanilla Sugar - Best for Cosmetics and Gifts for Australia
- Taste Head - Best for Private-Label Food in the UK
7 Marketplaces to Find Private Label Manufacturers
You can use one of the following marketplaces to find a private-label manufacturer for your business.
These manufacturers list themselves on the marketplace, so you can find them easily.
We recommend searching the platforms for similar products to those you want to create.
You can then contact the supplier that sells them and ask if they offer private-label services.
We’ve found that most suppliers can offer private-label products or point you in the direction of someone who can.
1. Dropship.io - Best for Reliable Suppliers
One of the latest features we launched is our Suppliers directory.
The directory includes trusted and vetted suppliers. Vetted suppliers are more likely to offer high-quality products with smooth customer service.
You search the directory to find a manufacturer offering the private-label products you want to create.
Use the Chat on Skype button to contact them directly. This will allow you to build a direct relationship, make deals, and choose your preferred payment methods.
- Trusted and reliable suppliers
- Direct contact with suppliers
- Useful information on the business is instantly available
- Limited directory (we’re still expanding and adding new suppliers all the time)
- Paid platform (although you can check it out for free with the 7-day free trial)
2. AliExpress - Best for Small Orders
AliExpress is the most renowned platform for finding dropshipping suppliers and manufacturers.
This is because they offer business-to-customer transactions. This allows you to buy individual items in single transactions (perfect for dropshipping).
There are so many suppliers and manufacturers, most of which are based in China.
The majority of the suppliers on AliExpress integrate with dropshipping and e-commerce software. Integrating your store with AliExpress can make the order process and fulfillment seamless.
You can search by category or keyword to find a manufacturer. Or look at the trending products to find similar products to the one you want to create. You can then contact the supplier directly to see if they offer a private-label service.
- Huge variety of manufacturers
- Direct contact with suppliers
- Free to use
- Suppliers are not pre-vetted (make sure to request samples to confirm the quality of your products)
3. Thomas Net - Best for North American Manufacturers
Thomas Net is kind of like the North American version of AliExpress. It is a marketplace with thousands of suppliers based in the US and Canada.
This can be useful if you’re also selling in the US or Canada, as shipping is cheaper domestically than from China.
You can use the search bar to enter the private-label product you’re looking to develop.
The results will show you a list of suppliers, along with their location, a description of the business, the year they were founded, and the number of employees they have. You can also view their catalog, visit their website, and call them directly.
We recommend contacting several manufacturers to ask if they offer private-label products. You can also compare the costs, lead times, policies, and product quality.
Thomas Net Pros:
- Can contact suppliers directly
- Variety of products
- Trusted suppliers
Thomas Net Cons:
- Not suitable if you’re selling outside the US and Canada
4. Alibaba - Best for Private-Label Manufacturers Worldwide
The Alibaba Group owns both AliExpress and Alibaba.
Alibaba is designed for business-to-business transactions rather than business-to-customer, like AliExpress.
This makes it a better platform for finding private-label manufacturers.
The manufacturers can help you develop your ideas or customize their existing products to make them unique to your business.
We’ve sourced the majority of our private-label products from Alibaba.
To do this, we find suppliers selling a similar product to the one we want to create. Next, we send drawings or concepts to a variety of them. We then compare what they can offer, the minimum order quantity, and at what price.
However, as the manufacturers aren’t pre-vetted, finding a reliable one can take a while. We recommend requesting several samples to check the quality of the products.
- Working directly with manufacturers
- Can contact them directly
- Manufacturers aren’t pre-vetted
5. DHGate - Best for Product Variety
DHGate is a Chinese wholesale marketplace. The marketplace offers both business-to-customer and business-to-business sales.
This means consumers can buy individual products directly from DHGate. We recommend avoiding these sellers, as it is unlikely they are manufacturers or wholesalers that will facilitate private labeling.
Instead, check out the Customizable section. There is an entire section on DHGate dedicated to suppliers and manufacturers who offer create-your-own products and the ability to customize their existing ones.
When you click on the product you’re interested in, select the customize tab. Here, you can edit the size, design, color, graphics, packaging, and logo. You can also contact the seller directly with your private-label product ideas.
- Direct contact with the supplier
- Easy to find customizable products
- Suppliers aren’t pre-vetted
6. Niche Dropshipping - Best for Personalized Service
Niche Dropshipping isn’t a marketplace like Alibaba or Dropship.io. Instead, it is an agent-based dropshipping service.
Niche Dropshipping will help you find a supplier or manufacturer for your private-label product.
You can sign up for free and get a no-commitments quote in under two days.
Niche Dropshipping works on a subscription basis, and you will need to join a plan to order the products they source. The plan you choose will depend on the number of sales you make.
They also offer services like custom packaging, quality inspections, inventory storage, and worldwide fulfillment. If you sell in the US, Niche Dropshipping has warehouses there. This will reduce shipping times and can save you money.
Niche Dropshipping integrates with Shopify for a fully automated store.
Niche Dropshipping Pros:
- Easy and free product sourcing
- Other dropshipping services included
Niche Dropshipping Cons:
- Paid plans
- Difficult to make direct relationships with manufacturers
7. Pietra - Best for Social Media Selling
Pietra Studio is a marketplace with vetted suppliers that can help create your private-label products.
It is geared toward those who have an existing social media audience.
If the product you want to create isn’t currently available on Pietra, you can post sourcing requests. Suppliers can then come to you if they’re able to manufacture the product you’re looking for.
Pietra integrates with Shopify and other sales platforms. They can also store and fulfill your private-label product orders.
It is a paid platform, with plans ranging from $39 per month to $199 per month.
- Vetted suppliers
- Other features, including workshops, resources, order processing, warehouse storage, etc
- Paid subscriptions
- Focused on influencers
15 Private Label Manufacturers
Rather than searching through an online marketplace for a supplier, you can use Google to find manufacturers who offer private labeling.
Here is a list of 15 private-label manufacturers from which you can source your products directly.
Each manufacturer offers different products. You must find one specializing in the product you want to source and the country or region you want to sell in.
You can contact each manufacturer directly to discuss your product needs.
9 Best Worldwide Private Label Manufacturers
1. Steve Apparel - Best for Custom Clothing
Steve Apparel will work with you to create custom clothing pieces. You can design the shape, choose a fabric, and add any designs or prints.
You can also choose the labels and packaging, and then they will ship your orders.
Some benefits of choosing Steve Apparel are low minimum order quantities, high quality, and product variation.
Steve Apparel Product Range:
- Custom Designed Clothing
Countries Steve Apparel is Suitable For:
- Some European countries
2. Printful - Best for Custom Accessories Worldwide
Printful is a reliable service with high-quality products. They ship worldwide and integrate with most marketplaces, like Shopify, Etsy, Wix, WooCommerce, Squarespace, etc.
You can print on many products, including clothing, accessories, and homeware. This enables you to expand your store and offer a variety of products with your designs.
However, there is less creative choice than other manufacturers. You have to print your design on one of their existing products. E.g., You can’t create a hoodie with a custom shape or material.
It’s a great option for those beginning to dropship custom products, as there is far less risk. This is because you don’t have to invest in large quantities of stock or store it, both of which are very expensive.
Printful Product Range:
- Clothing for Women, Men, and Kids
- Accessories, including Phone Cases, Tech, Footwear, Hair Products, Bags
- Home Products, including Puzzles, Wall Art, Home Decor, Drinkware, Stationery, Aprons, Towels, Pet Products, etc.
Countries Printful is Suitable For:
3. Trilogy Laboratories - Best for Skincare Products Worldwide
Trilogy Laboratories can help you create your own skincare products.
Unlike other skin care manufacturers, you don’t need your formulation already created. Trilogy Laboratories can help with the entire process.
You can build unique products by choosing the ingredients, colors, fragrances, etc. You can also choose whether you want your product to be vegan, organic, cruelty-free, or medical strength.
They will package and label your products. They also have lower minimum order quantities compared to other private-label manufacturers.
Trilogy Laboratories Product Range:
- Eye Care
- Body Products
- Lip Care
- Beard and Hair Care
- CBD Skin Care
Countries Trilogy Laboratories is Suitable For:
4. Printify - Best for Dropshipping Beginners
Printify makes creating custom products easy. It is a great option for dropshipping, as you don’t need to hold any inventory.
You can integrate Printify with all major selling marketplaces and automate the process. This ensures a smooth transaction for customers and eliminates the risk of any manual errors.
There is a huge product range, with over 800 pieces. You just need to choose a piece and add your custom design.
Printify has three subscription plans available. The first is free. This allows you to add five stores to your account with unlimited product designs. This is the ideal plan for those starting out.
The next plan available is Premium, which costs $29 per month or $24 per month when paid annually. The difference between the Premium and Free plans is that the Premium plan allows you to add ten stores to your account and get up to 20% discount on all products.
The top plan available on Printify is Enterprise. The Enterprise plan is ideal for merchants with over 10,000 sales per day. The price of the plan is customized to each seller. It includes all of the features of the Premium plan but also includes custom API integration, a dedicated account manager, branded customer support, and other features.
Printify Product Range:
- Clothing for Men, Women, and Kids
- Accessories, including Phone Cases, Socks, Bags, Tech Products, Pets, Car Accessories, Travel Bags and Suitcases, Stationary, etc
- Home and Living, including Mugs, Bottles, Canvas, Posters, Ornaments, Notepads, Towels, Blankets, Pillows, Games, etc.
Countries Printify is Suitable For:
5. Max Private Label - Best for Hair Products and Men’s Grooming Products Worldwide
Max Private Label will help you create a custom formula for your product.
They offer a huge product range of hair, face, and skin products.
Quality is a huge priority for Max Private Label. All the work they carry out adheres to the required practices and maintains FDA site registration.
However, the minimum order quantity for custom formulas is higher than other cosmetics manufacturers.
So, we recommend using Max Private Label if you have a larger and more established business. This is because of the risk of investing in thousands of pieces without guaranteeing they’ll sell.
Max Private Label Product Range:
- Hair Care and Styling, including Shampoo, Conditioners, Relaxers, Pomades, Detanglers, etc
- Bath Products, including Soaks, Salts, Shower Gels, Washes, Scrubs, etc
- Body Care, including Foot Care, Hand Care, Moisturizer, Oils, etc
- Skincare, including Toners, Anti-Aging, Brightening, Eye Treatments, Masks, etc
- Pet Care, including Soothing Products, Shampoos, Scented Sprays, Coat Shine Products, etc
- Baby Care, including Body Wash, Petroleum Jelly, Rash Cream, Bubble Bath, etc
- Men’s Grooming, including Aftershave, Beard Balms, Mustache Wash, Cleansers, etc
- CBD Products, including a full range of products that can be made with CBD
Countries Max Private Label is Suitable For:
6. Alanic - Best for Running Tops
Alanic manufactures marathon and race products.
Each piece of clothing is designed for running, made of high-quality material with ventilation and a high moisture absorbent design.
You can choose from their selection of tops and customize the color and design printed on the shirt.
You can also make a custom medal for the participants of the race.
Alanic Product Range:
- Marathon Running Tops, including Short Sleeve Tees, Long Sleeve Tees, Quarter Zips, Jackers, and Hoodies
Countries Alanic is Suitable For:
- New Zealand
7. My Drink Beverages - Best for Creating Drinks Worldwide
If you want to develop a drink recipe, My Drink Beverage is for you.
They have a team of specialists to help bring your concept to life.
They create your drink based on the information you give them. You will receive samples, which you can give feedback on and change the recipe to create your perfect drink.
My Drink Beverage also offers quality testing and can provide the nutritional contents on your packaging and to your stockists.
They also offer a small-scale option for new beverages. This allows you to order a smaller quantity of products. You can then test these products and get feedback from shoppers before committing to a full order. This lowers the financial risk of launching your own private-label drink.
My Drink Beverages Product Range:
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Energy Drinks
- Pre-Workout Drinks
- Meal Replacement Drinks
- Health Drinks
- Herbal Drinks
- Soft Drinks
Countries My Drink Beverages is Suitable For:
8. AM Furniture Group - Best for Bespoke Furniture Worldwide
AM Furniture Group started small in Portugal, creating handcrafted wooden furniture. Now they are expanding production and export worldwide.
Their portfolio of products has expanded, and they now create modern, trendy, and contemporary pieces, along with the classics.
AM Furniture prides itself on its quality furniture. They have strict quality-management systems to help reduce the risk of faulty pieces and, therefore, refunds and returns.
As well as quality pieces, they also promote sustainability and use resources in an eco-friendly way.
You can send your furniture ideas and drawings to AM Furniture Group, and they will help develop and manufacture the pieces. They also offer packaging and labeling, and shipping worldwide.
AM Furniture Group Product Range:
- All Furniture Items
Countries AM Furniture Group is Suitable For:
9. Create Fashion Brand - Best for Sustainable Fashion Worldwide
Create Fashion Brand is a collection of clothing manufacturers in Portugal.
They manufacture sustainable clothing. Create Fashion Brand is able to do this by using sustainable methods during product development. These methods include recycling, waste management, and using a local supply chain.
As a sustainable fashion brand, they also have ethical working conditions. This means all the employees are paid a fair wage, with access to medical help, and work standard hours in line with EU legislation.
The private label option on Create Fashion Brand allows you to add your design to their clothing pieces. This is done through an easy-to-use app.
Most of the products have a minimum order quantity of 100 units. This is a relatively low order quantity for custom pieces. This is great for small businesses and beginners as it lowers financial risk.
Create Fashion Brand Product Range:
Countries Create Fashion Brand is Suitable For:
4 Best US-Based Private Label Manufacturers
1. Seven Trees - Best for Wooden Furniture in the US
Seven Trees creates beautiful wooden furniture pieces. They also offer a private label service to create custom pieces.
You can send your ideas to Seven Trees, and they will create drawings and provide you with a quote for your design. You can also visit the showroom and meet the team if you’re located nearby. Here, you can view the finishes, styles, and wood options.
Once you’re happy with the designs, Seven Trees will build and ship them.
Seven Trees Product Range:
- Wooden Furniture
Countries Seven Trees is Suitable For:
- The US
2. Butterball Farms - Best for Butter in the US
If you’re looking to develop your own sauces, butter, gravies, or glazes, Butterball Farms can help you.
They have over 60 years of experience and pride themselves in their value and service.
They can create or replicate a product, manufacture, and label your products.
Butterball Farms hold the highest industry certifications, so you know your products will be of exceptional quality.
Butterball Farms Product Range:
- Cake Fillings
- Cream Cheese
Countries Butterball Farms is Suitable For:
- The US
3. K&B Labs - Best for Cosmetics in the US
K&B Labs offers a variety of services for cosmetics. They can formulate health and wellness products, beauty and personal care, pet health products, and many others.
You can create your own formula with them, and they will fill, package, and label your products. They also offer professional brand design, including website design, content services, and logo creation.
Their private-label service has affordable formulation fees and low minimum order qualities to help small businesses.
K&B Labs Product Range:
- Health and Wellness Products, including Supplements and Herbal Infusions
- Beauty and Personal Care Products
- Pet Health Products. including Shampoo, Pet Treats, etc
- Custom Formulization
Countries K&B Labs is Suitable For:
- The US
4. Private Label Foods - Best for Sauces in the US and Canada
Private Label Foods is a US-based sauce manufacturer.
They are based in New York, making shipping to the US and Canada quick and easy.
You can create your own sauce, dressing, syrup, or condiment. The private-label service includes filling the jar or bottle and labeling your product, ready for it to be shipped.
Private Label Foods Product Range:
- Pasta Sauce
- Pizza Sauce
- BBQ Sauce
- Hot Sauce
- Drink Syrup
- Rice Sauce
- Wing Sauce
Countries Private Label Foods is Suitable For:
- The US
The Best Australian Private Label Manufacturers
1. Vanilla Sugar - Best for Cosmetics and Gifts for Australia
Vanilla Sugar is a beauty and cosmetic brand in Australia. They are PETA accredited; therefore, all the products and formulas you create will be cruelty-free.
You can create your product and choose the formula, fragrance, and any other aspect. Vanilla Sugar's creative team can help with the packaging design and style.
Vanilla Sugar also offers marketing, photography, and stock replenishment services.
Vanilla Sugar Product Range:
- Bath and Body Care, including Lotions, Washes, Soaks, Face Masks, Scrubs, etc
- Cosmetic Bags
- Fragrances, including Candles and Diffusers
- Beauty Gifting
- Accessories, including Hair Brushes, Combs, Sleep Masks, Drinks Bottles, Stationary, etc
Countries Vanilla Sugar is Suitable For:
The Best UK Private Label Manufacturers
1. Taste Head - Best for Private-Label Food in the UK
Taste Head is a UK-based food development company.
You can create your own food or drink products and work with Taste Head to develop and manufacture them.
Taste Head’s team includes chefs, product developers, and food consultants. They work with companies of all sizes and have won awards for the products they’ve created.
As well as helping with the concept of your products and development, they also offer support services. These services include photography, promotional videos, shelf-life testing, and many others.
Taste Head Product Range:
- All Food and Drink Products
Countries Taste Head is Suitable For:
What is a Private Label Manufacturer?
A private label manufacturer is one who is willing to make a product that you have designed.
Private-label products are those sold under your brand name but created by a third-party manufacturer.
You will own the product and sell the product under your brand name.
What Is an Example of Private-Label Manufacturing?
Let’s say you have an idea for a shower gel, but you have no idea how to make it. So, you contact a third-party private-label manufacturer to help you. They will formulate, bottle, and label your product. You are responsible for marketing and selling it.
Private-label manufacturing is an agreement between a manufacturer and a seller.
A third-party manufacturer makes a product for a brand.
The manufacturer only sells that particular product to that brand.
The brand owns the product and is responsible for selling it.
The product is unique to the brand. It can be similar but not the same as any other product available.
Can I Dropship Private Label Products?
Yes, it is possible. However, it is more complicated and will require more funding than selling white-label or unbranded products.
To dropship private label products, you will need to find a manufacturer willing to create each piece as your orders come in. Manufacturers often prefer to create large volumes of stock and require a high minimum order quantity to make it worthwhile.
There are often long lead times for custom-made products. This can be off-putting for customers, who want their products as soon as possible.
Returns and refunds might also be challenging. Manufacturers are usually less willing to accept returns. This is because they can’t resell your product to someone else. It’s custom-made for your brand only.
So, Why Dropship Private Label Products?
Although it can be more challenging, there are benefits to dropshipping private-label products.
- Your products are unique. Customers won’t be able to find the product you’ve created anywhere else; if they want it, they will have to buy it from you.
- You control the pricing. As the exact product can’t be bought anywhere else, you control the price it sells for and how much profit you make per piece.
- Build brand trust and recognition. Create a recognizable brand with high-quality products. This will help build your reputation and customer loyalty. A good reputation and loyal customers can help generate sales and increase repeat purchases.
- Bring your ideas to life. Designing and developing your own products is incredibly satisfying.
- Fill a gap in the market. Whether you’re altering a recipe or developing an entirely new idea, your product will fill a gap in the market. And if you’ve noticed the gap, I’m sure others will have too. Hopefully, this will help generate sales.
How Do I Choose a Private Label Manufacturer?
Finding the perfect private-label manufacturer can be time-consuming. We've created this list of the top things we look for when choosing private-label manufacturers.
- Product Quality - The products you produce are a reflection of your brand. They should be high-quality. We recommend requesting samples to check the quality.
- Communication Skills - You need to be able to communicate openly with your supplier. Be clear with your questions and language to limit the risk of mistakes.
- Minimum Order Quantity - As a dropshipper, you ideally want your supplier to make the products as the orders are placed. However, for private-label products, this might not be an option. You might have to pay a deposit or hold a small amount of stock. You can negotiate how much this is with the manufacturer.
- Lead Time - Ask the manufacturers how long it will take to produce and pack each order. Ideally, the quicker, the better.
- Price - You need to ensure your product costs don’t overrun and leave you at a loss. Most suppliers are open to negotiating the price, especially with larger orders.
- Reviews and Ratings on Marketplaces - Alibaba, AliExpress, and many others allow users to review suppliers. You can check these reviews before agreeing to work with a manufacturer.
- Shipping - You can usually decide which shipping courier or freight forwarder you want to use. These can vary by cost and time. Choose a manufacturer that offers fast and affordable shipping options.
- Warehouse Location - The closer your warehouse is to your target audience, the cheaper and quicker the orders should arrive.
- Packaging Options - As well as manufacturing your product, find a supplier who also offers custom boxes, inserts, or any other packaging you require.
- Warranty, Return, and Refund Policy - Agree on a return, refund, and warranty policy with your manufacturer. This can save you a considerable amount of money if products arrive faulty or damaged.
If you want more information on How to Choose a Supplier, check out this article.
Which Products Can I Private Label Dropship?
Almost all products.
The most common choices include the following:
- And many more
We have an article on the 18 Best Private Label Products to Dropship if you're looking for product ideas.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Create a Private Label Brand?
In short, creating a private label brand works as follows:
- Find a product.
- Find a private-label manufacturer to create your product.
- Build an online store.
- Add your products to the store.
- Advertise your products and start making sales.
Hopefully, our list of private-label manufacturers will help you find the perfect one for your brand.
If you want to learn from and chat with other e-commerce sellers about their private label manufacturing experiences, join our Discord Community for free.