The best dropshipping supplier for dropshipping is the one who can provide your niche-based requirements. Clothing is one of the biggest industries in the world, and it is almost impossible for you to go wrong.
Unless, of course, you choose the supplier. In this article, I will show you the best dropshipping suppliers for clothing. I based my choices on the following:
- The kinds of products the supplier provides
- The product quality
- Speed of shipping
- Applications and systems
In addition, I will provide you with hard facts about the clothing industry. On top of that, you will receive important information about white-label products to sell, what clothing to sell, and what to do to succeed!
Let us get started!
Top 16 Best Clothing Suppliers for Dropshipping
- Shein – best overall for women’s clothing
- Printful – best for USA and Canada print-on-demand dropshipping
- My Online Fashion Store – best for USA dropshipping
- AliExpress – best for a general store and international dropshipping '
- Brands Gateway – best for UK dropshipping
- ModShe – best for women’s casual wear
- Sernes – best for men’s clothing
- CJDropshipping – best for Malaysia, India, Singapore, and the rest of Asia
- Niche Dropshipping – best for sports and hobby clothing
- Kiddie’s World – best for baby clothing for the UK and EU
- Buy2Bee – best for designer clothing
- CCWholesaleClothing – best for plus-sized clothing
- LA Showroom – best for maternity
- Trendsi – best for made-to-order
- Zaful – best for all clothing types
- Griffati – best for Italian-made clothing
Is dropshipping clothing a profitable business?
Yes, the apparel business is booming, and it is a good idea to dropship clothing now. When we say clothing, it encompasses a huge niche. As such, it includes all types of clothing, and below are a few categories:
- Men’s Clothing
- Baby Clothing
- Women’s Clothing
- Luxury pieces
- Daily casual wear
- Winter Clothing
- Specialty clothing (hobby, mountain climbing, etc.)
As you can see, there are so many. Later, I will show you which types of apparel to dropship to maximize your efforts and profits.
In 2022, the apparel market revenue was 1.53 trillion US dollars. During this year, people were still reeling from the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic. By 2027, experts say this revenue will hit 2 trillion US dollars .
One of the biggest markets for apparel is the United States. Not only is it the biggest economy, but it is also one of the most fashionable in the world. In addition, there are many markets in the US since they can ski, hunt, play military games, etc.
In 2022, the US market recorded a clothing revenue of 312 billion USD. By far, the US is the largest clothing market in the world .
So yes, we can say that the clothing industry is an excellent niche to penetrate if you are a dropshipper. You do not need to stock your inventory; you can earn big profits if you do it right.
What clothing items should I dropship?
The clothing industry is a tight space and a highly competitive one at that. You are not the only dropshipper out there, so it is wise to understand what products to sell. The last thing you want is to open a store and not make a sale.
In this section, I will show you the best types of clothing to sell. These are ideas that should give you a good head start.
Men splurge money when they buy clothes. The men’s clothing market has an annual revenue of USD 568 billion .
On the other hand, women buy affordable clothes. I suggest you approach the men’s clothing niche with a plan. I am saying that you must sell men’s clothing for a specific market. Pick a place that you want to serve.
Here are some examples:
- Formal wear (suits and trousers)
- Rugger wear or casual wear
- Sports clothing
In addition, I encourage you to build a shop that serves that niche. For example, if you chose formal wear, you also want to sell cufflinks, neckties, bow ties, etc. You could sell jeans, hoodies, sweatshirts, t-shirts, and more if you chose rugged wear.
We both know that there will always be babies. Since babies cannot purchase, the parents are your target market. As such, you need to sell baby clothing thinking like a parent. The global revenue of this niche is USD 200 million .
Here are some suggestions:
- Bodysuits and onesies
Sell baby clothing for both genders. Include other unusual items, such as cute animal overalls. What you want to do, really, is not just to sell necessary clothing but also to appeal to the parents’ emotions. You want them to make on-the-spot decisions. After all, it is for their baby.
Hobby and Niche Clothing
Hobby and niche clothing require that you are an expert about the particular of your choice. In addition, I also recommend that you dig deep into a niche to serve a specific market here.
Here are some examples:
- Airsoft hobby clothing
- Hunting gear and clothing
- Clothing for fishing
- Yoga Clothing
- Mountain climbing clothing
For some niches, it is okay to be a little more generic. For example, you can combine sports and yoga clothing in a store. However, it is always better to segregate it.
One downside to niching down is you need to be an expert. If you sell hunting clothing, potential customers would ask you all sorts of questions that you need to be able to answer. For example, they can ask about the lining, the material, the number of pockets, etc.
In my experience, as a dropshipper and a consumer, I will not advise you to sell shoes. Feet are complex things. If you think of two people with the same shoe sizes, one may have thicker feet than the other.
The result? The size seven pair will not fit, and the customer will return the item to you. In dropshipping, every return of a product is a loss. You do not want this, so I recommend avoiding selling shoes.
Later, I will tell you more tips on how to succeed in the clothing dropshipping business.
16 Best suppliers for clothing in dropshipping
1. Shein – best overall for women’s clothing
Shein is one of the biggest manufacturers of clothing in the world. I recommend it for dropshipping clothing because of the product quality and its production volume. Shein covers a wide array of sub-niches in the clothing industry, but most of their products are for women
- Refunds and Returns – they accept refunds and returns, and the average leeway is 30 days. They will not refund or replace personal garments like bikinis and lingerie.
- Product Categories – hundreds of thousands of products are in the Shein catalog. There are also many categories, such as formal, casual, swim, sports, summer, and dress blouses.
- Trends – Shein keeps up with the fashion trend. All their clothing line-ups serve the current tastes of the market.
- Free Shipping – they offer free shipping if you meet a minimum purchase amount. This minimum varies from one country to another.
- Lots of products to choose from
- They have a reasonable refund policy
- They have excellent photography for the products that you can use for marketing
- They offer free shipping, which can improve your margins
- There is no app to integrate
- You cannot remove the brand
Shein is what I recommend overall for dropshipping clothing for women. The only downside is that you cannot rebrand the products. There is also no app, which means you must copy and paste the products into your shop.
2. Printful – best for USA and Canada print-on-demand dropshipping
Printful is a print-on-demand or POD company. The products you will find on the site are blank, and you must design them. I recommend it to clothing dropshippers because of the endless design possibilities. In addition, they have global warehouses and printing partners.
- Design and Mock-Up Tool – you do not need Adobe Photoshop to design the clothes. All you need to do is upload an image, and the system will allow you to edit the blank clothing. You will also get free mock-ups where a model wears your dress/design.
- Integration – the app integrates with many platforms like Shopify, BigCommerce, Wix, WooCommerce, etc. You can also integrate it with social media sites like Facebook and TikTok.
- Product Categories – the company offers many types of blank products. They have hoodies, dresses, t-shirts, crop tops, leggings, and many more for clothing.
- Print Type – they offer direct-to-garment printing, all-over printing, and embroidery. However, you can only use the embroidery print as a paying subscriber.
- The design tool is free
- You will have access to free mock-ups
- The system integrates with many social media and eCommerce platforms
- There is a standard shipping system
- Some products are expensive
Overall, Printful is your best bet if you want to sell unique clothing. The challenge here is that you must be a creative individual to be able to make unique designs.
3. My Online Fashion Store – best for USA dropshipping
My Online Fashion Store is a dropship supplier but only focuses on fashion. It is not like other dropshipping sites like CJDropshipping, where they offer many products. My Online Fashion Store is ideal for the clothing niche because it is their specialization.
My Online Fashion Store Features
- Free Returns – if you have a complaint, file it. If they approve, they will shoulder the cost of returning the items to them.
- Fast Shipping – they ship to the US mainland and territories. The shipping option is USPS First Class, meaning the product will arrive quickly at your customer’s address.
- Product Inventory – they have more than 5,000 products in the brochure. This list keeps growing every week as they add more.
- Turnkey Store will build a store for you if you want them to. In addition, the platform integrates with other systems like Shopify, WooCommerce, Facebook, Amazon, etc. The websites they make are also affordable. You can have a store for as little as $99. Other companies charge at least $300 for the same store.
My Online Fashion Store Pros
- They have thousands of products
- The platform is for dropshipping
- You can integrate the platform with many sites
- They are in the US (best for US dropshipping)
My Online Fashion Store Cons
- Custom packaging is not free
Use My Online Fashion Store for a turnkey website or dropshipping store for clothing. They will build the store for you. They have thousands of products you can import to your store, and they can even help you with marketing.
4. AliExpress – best for a general store and international dropshipping
AliExpress is the best source of products for all dropshipping stores. However, it does not specialize in anything. As an online marketplace, I recommend it because it is where you can find all sorts of goods at the most affordable price. In essence, AliExpress is where you get to work directly with manufacturers.
- Millions of Products – right now, there are over 100 million products on AliExpress. I have to say that you must dedicate some time to researching. Make sure you list down the best products and take the time to identify the best suppliers.
- Direct to Supplier – you no longer need to work with third-party companies to reach the supplier. Almost everyone on AliExpress is the manufacturer.
- Branding Options – you can work out a deal with the suppliers here to remove their brands and replace them with yours. You can also ask them to make packaging inserts, boxes, etc.
- Wholesale and Retail Options – with AliExpress, you can buy products per piece. However, you also have the choice to buy them in bulk. If you do this, you will pay for the items in advance. They do not offer a warehouse, so you must work with another company for warehouse and fulfillment services.
- Millions of products to choose from
- They offer a Buyer Protection Program
- You can buy in bulk or retail
- Lots of shipping options
- There is no app to integrate
AliExpress may not have an app you can integrate with your store platform. However, there are third-party apps that can act as a bridge between your store and AliExpress. Some examples of these are Spocket, CJDropshipping, and AliDropship.
5. Brands Gateway – best for UK dropshipping
Brands Gateway is a dropshipping company that warehouses branded clothes. Located in the UK, all their products come from popular brands and manufacturers. It is an ideal partner for clothing dropshipping if your target market is the high-end buyer.
Brands Gateway Features
- Branded Goods – it is on this site where you can find brands like Dolce & Gabbana, Saint Laurent, Armani, and many more.
- Integration – you can integrate the system with Shopify, WooCommerce, Wix, and Shift4Shop
- Store Creation – they will build a store for you if you do not want to go through the hassles of integration. The team can help you launch a store in as short as three days. However, the cost of the store is €1,499.
- Automation – once a customer orders from your store, the Brands Gateway system will automatically send it to their team. Then, they will fulfill this order even if you are asleep.
Brands Gateway Pros
- The system integrates with major platforms
- All goods here come from known brands
- They have apparel for men and women
- They offer turnkey store
Brands Gateway Cons
- The system is not free; you must pay at least €141 per month
Brands Gateway is a marketplace for branded goods. Use it if you want to dominate a specific country for branded clothing. Of course, expect a significantly high cost for each piece of clothing. The good news is that you can sell branded clothing without paying for your inventory.
6. ModShe – best for women’s casual wear
ModShe is a brand of clothing for women that focus on daily wear. However, that is not the only type of clothing they have. I recommend it for dropshippers because they do have a drop shipping program. Although it is not as huge as Shein, the company has a system that can integrate with Shopify.
- Free Shipping – they offer free shipping for orders above $45
- Trendy Products – the target market of ModShe is the demographic of women between 18 and 45 years of age.
- OEM – they accept original equipment manufacturing. They can design your logo or use it in your packaging or branding.
- Lots of casual wear for women
- There is no minimum order requirement
- The system integrates with Shopify
- They have a reasonable refund and return policy
- You must apply to become a dropshipper; if they disapprove, you cannot use the system
ModShe ships internationally and provides between 15% and 25% discounts to their dropshippers. In addition, they need a lead time of five days to process the orders from their warehouse. This lead time does not include the shipping time.
7. Sernes – best for men’s clothing
Sernes is an ideal dropshipping supplier if your target market is the male population. Their designs are hip, which fit a specific segment of teenagers and young adults.
- Wholesale – this offer is for bulk purchases. They will send the items packed in separate plastics. The inventory is ready, so all you need to do is order.
- Dropshipping – they have a specific dropship program where they guarantee fast shipment. They also have a warehouse in Europe.
- Quality Products – their products are not from China. They have a factory in Turkey.
- Trendy Designs – the fashion statement of Sernes is about freedom and modern clothing. The designs are not your typical style.
- As fast as three days for shipping
- Trendy designs in the catalog
- They have a customer care department
- They can ship as fast as five business days for international shipping
- You need to apply to become a dropshipper
Sernes operates in the USA. Because of this, I will also advise you to focus your marketing efforts in the US. They ship with DHL and UPS and accept Mastercard and PayPal as payment options.
8. CJDropshipping – best for Malaysia, India, Singapore, and the rest of Asia
CJDropshipping is one of the biggest dropship suppliers in Asia. Although it has warehouses globally, their main hub is in China. CJ is best for dropshipping if you want to sell to the Asian market, and if you want to use platforms like Lazada, Shopee, and eBay.
- Sourcing – if there is a product you want, but not on CJ, send them an image and a link to where you saw it. The CJ sourcing agent will look for a supplier from China. If the sourcing process is a success, you will now see that product in CJ, then import it to your store.
- Integration – you can integrate CJ with Lazada, eBay, Shopee, Shopify, WooCommerce, and many other platforms. If you are using a system that they do not support, you can ask them for an API. They will guide you through the integration process.
- Warehouses – they have warehouses in the USA, France, Germany, Italy, the UK, Canada, Australia, and Poland. Because of this, they will ship the product from the nearest warehouse relative to your customer’s location. It means that they do not always ship from China.
- Print-on-Demand – they have a POD system where you can design the clothes you sell. It is not only clothes that they offer for POD, but a whole gamut of products in different niches.
- Lots of products to choose from
- The app is compatible for integration with several platforms
- They have a print-on-demand option
- They operate several warehouses
- Expedited shipping is expensive
CJDropshipping is what I recommend if you want a system to use for AliExpress dropshipping. Their sourcing team can also speak to the suppliers in Alibaba. The CJ app is free to use. You will only pay for the items you order. Sometimes, there is a dropshipping or handling fee, but it does not apply to all products.
9. Niche Dropshipping – best for sports and hobby clothing
Niche Dropshipping is an excellent clothing partner if you want to sell sports and hobby clothing as a private-label brand. They can help you look for suppliers and warehouse your products.
Niche Dropshipping Features
- Worldwide Shipping – they ship to all countries and will take care of the shipping costs and prices. All you need to do is sell the items.
- Storage and Fulfillment – if you do private-label or bulk, you can sign up for a service that will take care of warehousing your products. If somebody orders, they will ship the item.
- Dropshipping Automation – you do not need to log in to place an order. The system will automatically detect orders, and the team will fulfill them.
- Private and White Labels – you can ask them to manufacture products according to your specifications. In addition, you can ask them to produce goods and change the brand name.
Niche Dropshipping Pros
- You get to work with a dropshipping agent
- They offer warehousing and fulfillment services
- You can buy the items in bulk
- They have an automated dropshipping process
Niche Dropshipping Cons
- All items are from China
Use Niche Dropshipping if you are ready to go big or want to scale. The company specializes in providing you with support for sourcing, private-label manufacturing, warehousing, and shipping.
10. Kiddie’s World – best for baby clothing for the UK and EU
As the name implies, Kiddie’s World is the best clothing supplier if your target market is children. They have clothing for toddlers, babies, and pre-teens. This company is in the UK, so I recommend you work with them to ship to Europe.
Although the company does not specifically offer dropshipping, you can work out a process with them. They provide fast shipping and delivery. In 48 hours, your orders should be ready for shipment. In addition to this, they can ship in big boxes—big enough to fit £500 worth of baby clothing.
Before viewing the products and prices, you must register for an account. Finally, there is a minimum order requirement of £50.
11. Buy2Bee – best for designer clothing
If you are looking for branded clothes, then Buy2Bee is the dropshipping partner you need. It has branded clothing for men and women, plus accessories and bags.
Buy2Bee offers dropshipping to many countries, and they have been in business for over 20 years. Since they are selling branded goods, it is good to note here that they also provide HD images of their products. On top of that, you can also take a copy of their banners from their store and use them as your hero images.
- Authentic Products – all the products here are authentic and they come from the brand manufacturers. Each product has a SKU and they also come with barcodes. The company does not tolerate counterfeiting. Some examples of brands you will find here are Gucci, Ferragamo, Calvin Klein, and more.
- Large Catalog – you have access to an XML file of products; you can also download this in JSON format so you can upload it to your online store.
- Automatic Order Transmission – the company has an application program interface (API) you can use. in conjunction with your store. Once a customer places an order, this API will notify Buy2Bee and then they will process the order.
- Lots of branded and luxury products to choose from
- They have API tools that you can integrate with your online store
- They offer plug-ins for Shopify, Magento, PrestaShop, and WordPress
- There is a monthly dropshipping fee
As of the time of this writing, Buy2Bee charges €99 per month. This is a subscription fee that you must pay if you want to continually use their services. You have the option to pay annually, and this will set you back €588.
12. CCWholesaleClothing – best for plus-sized clothing
CCWholesaleClothing is the ideal source of clothing if you want to go niche-deep to serve plus-size individuals. They offer multiple types of clothing for men, women, and even for customers who are not plus-size.
The dropshipping program is open to anyone who wants to dropship with no fees per order. They will give you access to a data feed where you can upload more than 3,500 products to your store.
- Data Feed Update – the data feed application updates every two hours; this time frame is faster than most independent dropshipping suppliers. On average, suppliers who do not go through dropship giants like Spocket take about 24 hours to update their systems.
- Product Images – the company offers various product images from different angles. You no longer have to hire a model or use a mock-up to create attractive marketing materials.
- Support – they offer support via phone, email, and chat.
- They have multiple clothing types
- The system can integrate with many online store platforms, including marketplaces like Amazon
- Their products have a market; their dropshippers have sold over $3 million worth of goods
- They only ship from Los Angeles, California
There is a dropship fee to register and subscribe, which is only $9 monthly. At this rate, you will have access to thousands of inventories and also expect them to ship your orders on priority.
They also offer a turnkey program where they will build your store for you. If you want to see an example store, please visit myonlinefashionstore.com—it is their demo live website.
13. LA Showroom – best for maternity
What we have here is another deep niche dropshipping supplier. Although LA Showroom has other clothing types, it has a huge inventory of maternity dresses. On top of their maternity clothing lines, you can also dropship clothing for men and children.
The clothing lines here come in brands, so you cannot package them as your own. The brands are not world-famous, but they boast of quality in their garments and manufacturing processes.
LA Showroom Features
- Multiple Brands – there are dozens of clothing brands here. Some examples are Leena, Young Threads, Tua, Active Basic, Hesperus, and more.
- Discounts – the LA Showroom suppliers offer discounts on all fronts. Some offer a 10% discount on ground shipping, while some offer a straight discount of 70% on all items.
- Rewards Network – since you are a buyer, you can participate in their loyalty program where you get discounts for future purchases. Not all of their suppliers are part of this program, though, so you have to carefully select who you buy from.
LA Showroom Pros
- Lots of suppliers and clothing lines
- You can download the product images and use them in your store
- You earn points for your purchases
LA Showroom Cons
- There is no dropshipping API or integration system
The one caveat with this supplier is that there is no integration system. It is essentially a store, and your role is that of a buyer.
What it means is that you have to copy and paste the images and product details manually to your store. In addition, there is no automatic price change if a supplier changes prices. There is also no automated fulfillment—you have to go to your account dashboard and place an order manually.
The system is a tad difficult to use, but its redeeming quality is that they have dozens of reliable suppliers.
14. Trendsi – best for made-to-order
Although Trendsi offers made-to-order products, they also provide dropshippers with a vast array of ready-made clothing items. There are over 100,000 products here to choose from, all from trusted manufacturers, wholesalers, and retail suppliers.
What makes Trendsi unique as a clothing source is that they also offer private label dropshipping. In addition to this, they have studios in Los Angeles where you can do “live selling” online. If you live in that area, you can use their studios to sell via your social media channels.
- Fast Shipping – the company ensures that they pack and ship your orders within two to five business days. The shipping invoice even carries your brand name. They also offer free returns in case your customer is not happy.
- Made-to-Order – although they do not have a print-on-demand business model, they do offer low-cost made-to-order goods. Submit your design to them and they will manufacture your product at a low minimum order requirement.
- TikTok – they have products that are in the United States, making it easier for you to sell on TikTok. In addition, all their products pass the standards of TikTok dropshipping.
- Automation – all products you import from their system will automatically sync with your store in real time. There is no need for manual updates anymore. However, there is no automated ordering system—you still have to go to your Trendsi account and pay for your order.
- No monthly subscription fees
- They have a product importation system
- You can automate your dropshipping store
- They only support US shipping and shipping to US territories
Trendsi is great if you want to sell trendy clothing products. They have options for sweaters, dresses, denim, knitwear, and bottoms. While this may not sound a lot, they do have a wide selection for these niches because they work with many suppliers.
15. Zaful – best for all clothing types
Zaful is a popular brand in the clothing industry, and I can say that it is the closest competitor of Shein. They sell all sorts of clothing like dresses, jackets, tops, bottoms, swimwear, intimate wear, and accessories.
Although Zaful does not directly offer a dropshipping program, nothing is stopping you from selling their products. In addition to dropshipping, you can even earn more because they have an affiliate marketing program.
- International Shipping – they offer international shipping with varying rates. The wonderful thing about Zaful is that their shipping rates per county are transparent on their shipping page. Use this information as a guide to the countries you would market your store to.
- Size Guide – there is a size guide for men and women on the website. All their clothes follow these guides, and they have measurements for US, UK, EUR, and Brazil standards.
- Multiple Payment Options – you can use major credit cards and PayPal for your orders. They also gave AfterPay and PayPal Credit.
- Lots of clothes to choose from
- Transparent pricing, return policy, and shipping costs
- All clothes have product images with professional models
- There is no dropship platform or integration system.
What I recommend is to dropship Zaful clothing and also register as their affiliate. On top of the margin, you put on the products, you also get a commission of up to 30% for every successful sale. That sale, of course, is the same as what your customer bought from you.
16. Griffati – best for Italian-made clothing
Griffati is an Italian clothing aggregator—there are many suppliers here for Italian clothing and brands. Do not worry if the website is in Italian, as you can easily change the language to English and other European languages. You can do this with the language button at the upper left-hand corner of the website.
There are more than 300 brands on this site, including Armani, Burberry, Calvin Klein, Diesel, Fendi, and more. Overall, the company has more than 20,000 products that you can choose from.
- Fast Shipping – they ship within 24 to 48 hours upon order placement. They also track and monitor the status of the shipping. Global shipping is available.
- Product Types – there are clothes for men, women, and children on the platform. Griffati also offers accessories and bags. The company consistently updates its catalog whenever something new is available.
- Big Discounts – despite the brands, Griffati sometimes offers items on sale up to 75% off.
- Shipping is fast and international
- They provide consulting and technical services
- There is no integration
To import products from Griffati to your store, they will give you a file for importation. It is up to you and your computer programmer to upload this file into your Shopify or WooCommerce store.
It is not easy to sign up for a dropshipping account with them. They need to approve your account before you can their products. In addition, you cannot see the product prices unless you are a member of the site.
How to Properly Market Clothing Products
The clothing niche has a high saturation level. Most dropshippers enter this space because we all wear clothes, and the clothing market is easy to understand.
The competition is tough, and you are not the only one selling the same line of clothing from the same supplier. So, how do you succeed? The way to do this is through proper marketing. Below are some of the best principles in marketing clothing products.
1. Make Sizes Transparent
One thing I observed over the years is that people hesitate to buy clothes if the size charts only mention small, medium, and large. As we all know by now, the small in Asian sizes is not the same as small in America.
As such, it is best that you include measurements in inches and centimeters, especially if you are dropshipping globally.
Things to include are:
- Chest circumference
- Length of the shirt or pants
- Shoulder-to-shoulder measurement
There are others that you have to include, and this now depends on the type of clothing you sell. It is easier for a site visitor to decide what to buy if the size charts are transparent or clear.
2. Sell the Experience
People will splurge money on clothing because they want to look good and feel great. The only way you can exude this emotion through your photos is by selling the experience.
Here are some examples:
- Show a person on a mountain if you are selling hiking gear
- Show a model at a party if you are selling dresses
- Show a model sweating while exercising if you are selling athleisure wear
As you can see, all these photos show what it feels like to wear these clothes. It is never a good idea to sell clothes using plain white backgrounds only. Although white backgrounds are a must, you must do what you can to add flare and style to your marketing materials.
Remember: people do not need these clothes. What you want is to appeal to their emotion and strike their hearts with these emotions. You want them to think that if they buy your clothes, they will have an “experience” similar to the images they see on your site.
3. Choose the Target Market or Sub-Niche
We always say that you must choose a niche, but many dropshippers get sucked into adding more and more irrelevant products to their store. The result? The site visitors find their stores confusing.
A niche is important, as it allows you to have a well-defined target market. Although there are many best niches in dropshipping, you must concentrate on sub-niches in the clothing industry if you want to succeed early.
A niche gives your website or store a voice—a message that you specialize in something. It tells site visitors that you are the go-to store if they need clothing in this particular niche.
4. Use Bright Photos
Dull and pixelated photos are not good. They make your website look ancient, like a website from the 1990s.
Now, I am not saying that you buy all the clothes you sell so you can take pictures. A process like this is too tedious and expensive. What I recommend is that you only work with dropship suppliers who provide bright and vivid photos of their clothes with models in them.
5. Keep Up with the Trend
My final recommendation is to keep up with the trend, which should not be so hard to do because as dropshippers, we do not need to buy inventory. The only thing we need to do is remove outdated products from our store and then replace them with new ones.
Trends come and go, and the last thing you want to happen is for your site visitors to say that your products are not fashionable enough.
To keep up with trends, I suggest you do the following:
- Subscribe to online magazines like Cosmopolitan
- Read fashion news every day
- Join fashion groups on Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Follow fashionistas like the Kardashians on their social media accounts
I am not saying that you only follow trends for women. There certainly are trends and influencers for men and children or for sib-niches like clothing for hiking, hunting, winter, etc.
Tips to succeed in the clothing dropshipping business
Now, let us discuss some of my tips on improving your success rate when you dropship clothing.
Overall, I have four tips:
- Get samples
- Be clear on sizes
- Choose a niche
- Market your products
1. Get samples
Why is this even important? It is important because pictures deceive. I am not saying that suppliers fake their products with photos. It’s just that these products look different between the images and real life.
In addition, you may see in product descriptions that the clothing has polyester and cotton. However, there is no way to determine how that material feels in your body. As such, you must get a sample to see if the product’s quality is the same as what you expect.
2. Be clear on sizes
Do not just say that your sizes available are small, medium large, etc. This method of sizing is not effective. Why? Because a small size for an American is not the same as a small size for an Asian.
In addition to having the standard sizes, ensure you have actual measurements of the clothing parts that matter.
Let us take a pair of pants as an example. To be able to sell the pants, you must indicate the following:
- The actual measurement of the waistline, like 33 inches
- The exact length of the pants, like 40 inches
- Circumference of the thigh part
If you do this, the buyer better understands how to choose the right fit. Without detailed information about sizing, a buyer can make a mistake, and you end up dealing with a refund or return.
3. Choose a niche
You must choose a niche when selling clothing. Do not attempt to be a general store. It is better to serve a specific market to let people know you are a specialist.
Here are the pros of niching down:
- You build a reputation
- You can serve a specific group
- You become a specialist
- You can concentrate your efforts on a niche
- You can market your products with ease in terms of SEO or PPC
The only con is that you are serving a specific market. Because of that, you can expect to have less traffic and conversion.
4. Market your products
Finally, you have to market your products. The best way to do it is with influencers. Clothes look dull and ordinary if you only take photos. But if you make an influencer wear your items, you can get people’s attention better.
You can also market your items on the following social media platforms:
If you do these four things right, I am confident you will improve your conversion rate. Sure, you should look for a reliable supplier. However, I must say that a reliable supplier is merely the beginning of your dropshipping journey. To succeed, you must focus on quality, customer service, and marketing.
Pros and Cons of Dropshipping Clothing
Pros of Dropshipping Clothing
- Lots of niches to choose from
- You can brand your apparel
- You can create your own line of clothing
- It is possible to design your own clothing
- There are many suppliers and product types
- You do not pay for inventory
- It is easy to scale the business
Cons of Dropshipping Clothing
- You will receive returns for bad products
- The competition is too tight
- Expect low margins for profit
All businesses have pros and cons. If you want to dropship clothing, I recommend you must be the type of person obsessed with fashion. If not, you will find it hard to keep up with the trends.
Common dropshipping rules in other countries
Before you start to dropship, there are some general rules I need to explain. This section is by no means an exhaustive guide. However, the contents should be enough for you to understand what laws now to violate.
- Islam Countries and Swimwear – not all Muslims want to wear traditional swimsuits like bikinis. If you want to sell in countries where Islam is the dominant religion, you must do some reading about what their culture requires. For example, it is better to sell a burkini than a bikini in an Islam country.
- Customs Duties – many countries, if not all, charge custom duties, value-added taxes, and excise taxes for imported goods. The only issue now is this: how much do they charge? There is no single answer. What matters is that you tell your customer that it is their responsibility to pay these tax duties.
- Illegal Goods – not all items are permissible. For clothing, you will not likely face any issues at all. However, you still have to be careful. For example, bullet-proof clothing is an item you cannot ship to the Philippines. This type of clothing is under strict legal regulation in that country.
Whatever country you want to target, make sure you at least do basic research about what they allow, what they regulate, and what they forbid. If you dropship an item a country restricts, expect that product not to return.
Any government can seize an asset if the asset violates the law. The problem is that suppliers may not care. If you tell them to ship an item, they will send it. And if the government confiscates the product, it is your loss, not theirs.
Best Clothing Dropshipping Supplier FAQ:
How do I find suppliers for dropshipping?
Start with the suppliers on our list. I selected these suppliers carefully based on their products and other qualifications. If you want more, you can always use our product database to find items you can sell in your dropshipping store.
Which company is best for dropshipping?
There is no best company for dropshipping. What really matters is you deal with a company that can supply your customers’ needs. The shipping speed, which will vary per region worldwide, is one thing to look after. You must consider the critical factors when choosing a dropship supplier.
How to start dropshipping clothing?
The best way to start dropshipping is to identify a niche that sells and that you are passionate about. From here, you can visit our list of suppliers. The next step is to buy a sample. From here, you can build your dropshipping store based on the platform that the supplier supports.
Clothing is one of the best niches in the dropshipping business. The sheer number of options or sub-niches is overwhelming. While the clothing industry is huge, you must also know that the competition is stiff.
But the best option overall is Shein, especially if you dropship women's clothing.
The next step now is to decide on a niche. Then, sign up for an account with any of the suppliers in this article. Check their products, rules, shipping policies, return and refund policies, etc.
If I may suggest, you can also go to our site and register for our 7-day free trial. Please go through our product database and analytical tools. I guarantee you that our platform will be a big help in your dropshipping journey!