It has been years since I started dropshipping, and I am also a passionate writer about it. All these years, I spent so much time trying all sorts of tools for dropshipping.
My conclusion is that Dropship.IO is the best alternative to Sell the Trend. I am saying this not because I am part of it (I know it doesn’t sound very objective) but because Dropship.IO provides you with meaningful stats and data—I will explain better in a bit.
Dropship.IO may not be for everyone. My list may not also have the tool that you are looking for. Nevertheless, I suggest you keep reading, as I am sure you will find golden nuggets of knowledge in my list!
The 9 Best Alternatives to Sell the Trend
1. Dropship.IO – best overall alternative for Sell the Trend
What we offer at Dropship.IO is a suite of tools, not just one that can help you find trending and winning products. With our product database, you can assess if a product has a huge market demand. You can also find suppliers, spy on competitors, know other stores’ apps, and more.
- Chrome Extension – you can install our extension, and it will ask you what to do with a product you are currently browsing. If you track that store, it will show in your Dropship.IO dashboard, along with an analysis of sales and other important business stats.
- Product Database – the product database is where you search for products based on keywords. We will show you all the stores that sell the same product, the sales volume, and revenue in dollars. All of these can help you determine if the product is worth selling or not. Our product database search tool also provides you with several filter options. As such, it is easy for you to narrow your search.
- Competitor Research – we make it easy for you to spy on your competitors. Our dropship spy tool will show you what your competitors sell, how many units they sell, and what apps they use in their Shopify stores. You can also monitor their store and see what promotions they offer. With all this information, it would be easy for you to keep up or even outperform them.
- Portfolio – every week, we drop top products you can consider selling. These drops show the product cost, average retail price, profit-to-cost ratio, and many more!
- We have an easy-to-use and non-invasive Chrome extension
- You can view product sales and stats from competitors
- You can track stores, along with their daily, weekly, and monthly sales
- We will provide you with an overview of top stores and top products
- We currently only provide data for Shopify stores.
I encourage you to try our product database now. We offer a 7-day free trial where you can use all the features. Use it as your heart pleases. I guarantee you that you’ll find invaluable information that you can use to make better business decisions!
2. Dropified – best for food supplement and health niche
Dropified is a dropship supplier tool like Sell the Trend. The advantages of Dropified are the following:
- High-end goods
- Training and guidance
Dropified is what I recommend if you want to create a brand in the health niche. Although they offer many other products, these products come from AliExpress, too.
- Private-Label – Dropified has several formulas for food supplements. They call this line of business “print-on-demand supplements.” You can choose from many ready-made food supplements, and they will print a label that carries your design and brand. However, there is a fee to set this up.
- Automation – you do not need to go to your Dropified dashboard to place an order. You can sync the system with your store. Once a customer orders, the Dropified system will recognize it and send the order to the supplier. You can also track the shipment and send the tracking number to your customer.
- Cashback – you can join the cashback program if you order your goods from AliExpress sellers. The cashback program is something that Dropified runs with a company called Admitad. You will also get more rewards as you order more, which can increase your profits later.
- Integrations – the Dropified system integrates with many platforms. Some of these are eBay, Shopify, WooCommerce, AliExpress, Alibaba, and more. Integrations allow you to connect with more applications. Perhaps one of the best is the Facebook integration. You can upload your products in the Facebook marketplace without paying any fees to Facebook.
- Importing – you can import products from various sources like eBay and AliExpress. Like other dropship supplier tools, the importation process takes all the images and data from the source to your store. The only downside is that you must edit these listings individually to make them more coherent and “uniform” with your theme.
- You can do private-label dropshipping
- They offer lots of videos for training
- The system can integrate with eBay
- You can automate the entire dropshipping process
- The price of the service is too high.
Dropified is best for dropshippers looking for private-label food supplements. However, I can tell you now that this is not for beginners. You need a lot of money and careful planning to launch a food supplement business.
Nevertheless, you can still use Dropified for regular dropshipping. Use it to add products from AliExpress, eBay, and even Alibaba. Finally, you can list your products on Facebook if you do not want to build a dropshipping store yet.
3. SaleHoo – best for supplier hunting
SaleHoo offers two types of services. The first one is a dropship supplier directory. The second tool they sell is a dropship supplier and product import tool. You need the directory if you are merely looking for a supplier. You need the latter if you want a service or system like Sell the Trend.
If you choose the directory, the only thing you can do is contact the supplier. You will not have the process or system to transfer their products to your online store.
- SaleHoo Directory – this directory gives you access to thousands of suppliers. There is a guarantee that all these suppliers are ready to dropship. SaleHoo has a vetting process to ensure that every supplier in this directory is dependable. In addition, the SaleHoo directory also has more than 2.5 million products.
- SaleHoo Dropship – the dropship tool allows you to import the products from the directory to your store. Right now, however, SaleHoo can only integrate with Shopify. If you use any other platform, you are better off buying the directory only.
- SaleHoo Educate – SaleHoo has something similar to what we offer—a set of instructional videos to help you achieve your goals. SaleHoo touts that their education hub can help you make seven figures in dropshipping income in a year.
- SaleHoo Market Labs – the Market Labs is their version of the product hunter tool. It is a research tool like ours. However, their version only shows product capital, retail market price, competition level, etc. These data points give you an idea about the potential profitability of a product. It does not show sales data from your competitors.
- Lots of suppliers and products to choose from
- There is a directory and an import tool
- They offer a course for dropshipping
- The suppliers are all reliable
- There is no free account; you must invest at least $67
SaleHoo is an excellent tool if you need a global network of suppliers. While the system can tell you what products are great for selling, it does not show sales data as we do.
Overall, I can say that SaleHoo’s strength is its supplier database. With SaleHoo, you have access to over 8,000 suppliers. It is also worth noting that they do not just source their suppliers from China. With SaleHoo, you can find global suppliers.
4. Spocket – the best affordable alternative to Sell the Trend
Spocket is like Dropified, where you can import products to your store. It is one of the pioneers in the dropshipping industry when it comes to product sourcing and product importation. Spocket not only provides a list of suppliers from AliExpress but also from global ones.
In addition to the importation tool, Spocket drops winning products as we do. On top of that, Spocket integrates with several platforms, including platforms like Wix, Squarespace, Square, and BigCommerce.
- Product Options – the product research tool gives you several options for product hunting. Some examples are AliExpress, Winning Products only, and Private Label products. You also have the opportunity to find a supplier based on the item’s location. This process is great if you want a product with the same origin and destination country.
- Image Search – if you have a screenshot of a product, you do not need to spend so much time looking for a supplier. With Spocket, you can upload the image, and the system will find a supplier for you. You will only get positive results if that image, or something similar, is in Spocket’s database.
- Store Management – you do not have to go to your Shopify or WooCommerce dashboard to see if you made a sale. You can go directly to your Spocket dashboard and place orders from there. That is also where you will see tracking numbers and other order details.
- Academy – the academy is a new addition to their services. They offer several courses about email marketing, search engine optimization, getting traffic, and Instagram marketing. Overall, you can use this course to learn everything you need about dropshipping and how to succeed.
- They offer 24/7 chat support
- You can find suppliers beyond AliExpress
- You can manage your dropshipping business from a single dashboard
- You can communicate directly with the supplier
- The free account only allows you to search for products, not import them.
Spocket, over the years, has become the default dropship supplier and import tool for many entrepreneurs. I can say that they have all the basic things you need to run and operate a dropshipping business.
Spocket, however, is not a spy tool. You cannot use this system to investigate your competitors. Since Spocket is affordable, I suggest that you use this in conjunction with our product research tool. You can use our tool to find winning products and spy on your competitors. Then, you can use Spocket to import products and manage your store.
5. HyperSKU – best free alternative to Sell The Trend
HyperSKU is a brand-focused dropship supplier tool. The company’s specialization is private label dropshipping. They also offer fast shipping that can take only seven days. However, HyperSKU only integrates with Shopify and WooCommerce.
HyperSKU is what I recommend if you want a dropship supplier tool without paying a monthly subscription. How do they earn, then? The product cost you pay has profit baked into it.
- Vetted Suppliers – all suppliers in this platform are reliable. Sellers and manufacturers cannot register their products unless HyperSKU manually approves them. What it means for dropshippers like us is that we have a guarantee that the suppliers here are not scammers or poor performers.
- Fast Shipping – depending on the destination, HyperSKU can ship your goods to your customer in as little as seven days. In my experience, suppliers generally take more time than this. Even print-on-demand suppliers can take more than a week to deliver. HyperSKU has an average of 7-12 days for shipping.
- Customization – there is an option to look for products only from suppliers who can do customization. What it means is that you can ask them to manufacture products based on your specifications. You can sell unique products that customers will never find anywhere else.
- Branded Packing – if you do not want to customize your products, the other option is to ask the supplier to print boxes and packaging materials that show your brand. Usually, you can do this with AliExpress suppliers, but then you will have to contact several of them. With HyperSKU, you do not waste time looking for suppliers who can do this.
- The website is available in seven languages
- You can ship liquids and even batteries
- There are over 2,000 suppliers in the system
- They have seven global warehouses
- It does not integrate with many platforms
- You can only ship to 72 countries
HyperSKU has the basic components of a dropship supplier tool. They have products, suppliers, importation, order, and tracking systems. It is different because you can create private or brand labels for all the products.
Another strength I see is that they know how to ship “dangerous” and prohibited items like liquid and batteries. All countries are restrictive when it comes to these two things. HyperSKU, however, takes care of all the legal requirements for these dangerous goods.
6. AppScenic – best for domestic dropshipping
AppScenic is like Dropified and Spocket—you can integrate your store, import items, find suppliers, etc. What makes them different is that they concentrate on high-margin dropshipping products. In addition, you can find domestic suppliers in this system for the top dropshipping destinations.
What does that mean? It means there are suppliers in Canada, the US, the UK, the European Union, and Australia. If you want to ship to Australia, then it makes perfect sense to find sellers in Australia, too. Do this, and you can expect faster shipping times.
- Local Suppliers – you can narrow your product search or efforts to local suppliers only. If you take the time, you can find suppliers who can ship in as short as two days. This speed is important because customers do not like to wait. If you use AliExpress for dropshipping, you will have much explaining to do about the shipping delay.
- Integrations – the AppScenic system integrates with Shopify, WooCommerce, Wix, and eBay. The eBay integration means you can sell on eBay using the dropshipping method. Although it does not integrate with Amazon, you can still sell on your store and eBay.
- Academy – there is an academy where you can take courses to learn more about dropshipping. Like SaleHoo, AppScenic says their dropshipping course can teach you how to earn six or even seven figures a year. The academy is not free, though. The basic price is $67 per year.
- Automation – you can automate the entire process for your store. The system will sync and auto-place orders. The inventory and tracking are also part of this automation. If a supplier’s price changes, your store will automatically reflect that change.
- Shipping is blazing fast
- You can do white-label dropshipping
- You can automate your dropshipping store
- You can integrate the system with several platforms
- The free plan does not allow ordering.
AppScenic is ideal if you want to sell products with high margins. However, the free account only allows you to import products but not place orders. So, you must upgrade to the next tier to be able to use the tool meaningfully.
Finally, you can only enjoy all the features if you upgrade. For example, you will not have access to premium or high-margin products unless you are at least in the popular Tier, which costs $47 per month.
7. EcomHunt – best for a quick search for winning products
Ecomhunt is one of the most popular hunting tools for winning products. If you only need Sell the Trend’s winning products list, I can say that Ecomhunt is better.
With Ecomhunt, you can easily see the following details:
- The product cost
- The estimated profit per unit of sale
- Product analytics
- FB ads
The software program is best for dropshippers who are chasing trends. Ecomhunt refreshes its list daily; you will never run out of ideas to sell.
If a product you are currently lost demand, all you need to do is go to Ecomhunt and search for the hottest product.
- AliExpress and AutoDS – Ecomhunt uses two product marketplaces for dropshippers. Each product you view has a link to AliExpress and AutoDS. However, there is no guarantee which marketplace has a supplier for the product.
- Profit and Costs – the product overview page tells you the selling price, product cost, and your potential profit in USD. As a result, you can easily discard products that do not meet your market margin per sale.
- Saturation Inspector – you will find a saturation meter at the bottom of each product page. This meter gives you a visual representation of how many stores are selling the item. The meter is from 0 to 200+. If you dislike competing, you can look for low-saturation products.
- The system refreshes its list daily
- You can view the FB ads related to the product
- The system can guide you to target the right audience for your ads.
- Each product thumbnail links directly to a supplier
- Too expensive
- The free plan does not allow you to do anything useful
- It is not available worldwide
Although Ecomhunt shows product data, know that the numbers you see are the supplier’s sales, not the dropshipper. I want to caution you that this information can be misleading. If the product you are eyeing is an AliExpress product, it may have 10,000 sales. For all we know, most of these could have been Chinese customers.
8. Syncee – best for dropshipping international brands
Syncee went further than the typical AliEXpress dropshipping strategy. Now, they offer dropship import and supplier tools, but they partnered with many other companies, including Meller, Gallery, Stock Firmati, VidaXL, and more.
Because of this, you can concentrate your dropshipping efforts on high-end goods. You no longer have to compete against thousands of dropshippers selling the fidget spinners to earn a dollar per sale.
- Product Count – they have at least 6 million products in their database from global suppliers.
- Supplier Contact – you can directly contact the supplier if you want. The benefit is that you will experience fewer wait times when looking for answers that only the supplier can provide.
- Automation – you can automate the process where orders directly go to the supplier. You no longer have to manually place the order to proceed with the sale and delivery.
- They offer a free plan
- You can automate your dropshipping store
- Support is free
- They do not charge transaction fees
- Premium and VIP products are only accessible at the highest plan.
Syncee is what you want to use if you want to sell high-end furniture. You can earn hundreds of dollars per transaction. However, the biggest challenge you will face is marketing. It would take you a while to make a sale. It also means you must consistently advertise to the same people to convince them to buy.
9. Thieve.Co – best for AI support in marketing
Thieve is a product finder tool that has similarities to SaleHoo. However, the software creators added artificial intelligence to support the users. You can generate product descriptions and titles with Thieve to optimize your listing.
- Chrome Extension – install the extension, and you can save products as you browse on some online stores. If the product you are looking at happens to be in the Thieve database, you can use the extension to bookmark it and visit its details later.
- Swiping Mechanism – Thieve is great for product search in a casual setting. Let us say you are on a train or break from work—use Thieve like you would use social media platforms. Swipe images left and right and save the ones you like. Then, you can go to your dashboard later and investigate further.
- The AI is a big help in generating advertising copy
- You can find products to sell based on an image you saw online
- You can find suppliers on the platform, not just trending products
- The company does not show how much it costs to use the service.
Overall, I recommend Thieve if you want to do quick searches for products. In addition, it is an excellent tool that can generate product descriptions for you. This AI is most useful if you are dropshipping AliEXpress products whose descriptions need some overhaul.
Things to Look for in a Dropship Tool
Before you dive in and make a commitment, there are some things I want to drop here as a quick guide. First off, your niche selection is important. For example, Dropified specializes in food supplements. Others, like Ecomhunt, focus on AliExpress and AutoDS. Choose a tool that matches what you need.
Here are some things to consider when choosing a dropship supplier tool like Sell the Trend:
- Winning Products – the tool must give you useful data about the products in the directory.
- Ease of use – ideally, the tool must have a Chrome extension. Without an extension, you must at least be able to integrate your store.
- Price – do not use systems that cost an arm and a leg. As dropshippers, we can all agree that we do not have deep pockets. Neither do we have angel investors who fund our business. Choose only tools that are affordable or those that have reasonable prices.
In my experience, it is better to pay for a spy tool than something like Sell the Trend, especially if you plan to sell AliExpress products. I am saying this because there are free plugins you can use to import products from AliExpress to Shopify or WooCommerce.
Since these programs are free, paying for something that does the same thing does not make sense. You would be better off spending your money on analytical tools to help you make better business decisions.
What to Avoid in Dropship Tools
Now, I want to give you a brief guide about dropship tools.
- Paid courses – you can get decent online courses for free on YouTube. There is no reason to spend thousands of dollars on your dropship education.
- Costly Upgrades – many dropshipping tools “force” you to upgrade. They do this by reducing your access to features that you need to run a business.
- Cosmetic Features – what are these? Examples are systems that allow you to create videos or images with a paid subscription. It does not make sense. Many free tools out there will enable you to do this. One example is Canva.
If you ever plan to pay for a dropshipping tool, ensure that you are paying for a core service you cannot get for free anywhere else.
Sell The Trend Alternatives FAQ
What is better than dropshipping?
There is no better retail business model than dropshipping. It significantly reduces your risks as an entrepreneur. Traditional retail means you have to buy inventory; you lose money if you cannot sell that.
How do I find the best product for dropshipping?
There are many products you can use. The question is how you define best. The best product is the one in high demand. Use our product database tool to find items that sell like hot pancakes.
Is a dropship spy tool better?
A dropship spy tool is better than a typical product import tool. Spy tools like ours help you see what is happening “inside” a store. You will see sales, apps, revenue, product count, etc. As such, you can make informed business decisions.
Is Dropship.IO better than Sell the Trend?
Dropship.IO is better than Sell the Trend because we give you sales data from your competitors. You can easily import items to your shop if you know what products sell the most. In addition, you will also understand what apps and Facebook ads your rivals use and launch.
The next move now is to try our tool, Dropship.IO. I suggest starting with the product database and doing simple experimental research. We offer a 7-day free trial, and you do not need to make any commitment!
The best action is to use our spy tool with a product import tool. The decision (which one to use) will now depend on your focus. If your niche is private label, then use our tool with Spocket. If your niche is food supplements, use our tool with Dropified.