On the surface, ShopHunter and Dropship are similar platforms.
They are both Shopify spy tools that aim to help you find winning products to dropship.
However, Dropship has more features included. These are a Chrome extension to spy on Shopify stores as you browse and a competitor finder to easily identify your competition.
Both platforms have a product research tool. But Dropship has more advanced filters than ShopHunter, allowing you to make laser-targeted searches.
In addition, ShopHunter is considerably more expensive for inferior and fewer tools.
For that reason, Dropship is the clear winner of this comparison.
Dropship - Winner
- Our rating - 10/10
- Dropship starts at $29 per month
- Dropship is the winner of this comparison for its variety of tools and affordable prices
ShopHunter - Loser
- Our rating - 7/10
- ShopHunter starts at $50 per month
- ShopHunter is an alternative Shopify spy tool if you need to track over 1000 stores
These are the key takeaways to help you make a quick choice between ShopHunter and Dropship.
- Both platforms allow you to spy on Shopify stores’ sales, revenue, and best-selling products. You can also track products and stores on both platforms.
- Dropship provides more Shopify insights than ShopHunter, including instantly seeing active ads and apps used. Dropship also offers additional features, like a Chrome extension, so you can spy as you browse.
- ShopHunter prioritizes the lists of top stores and products. To find winning products using the Explore feature, you need a Professional plan (the mid-tier plan at $75 per month).
- ShopHunter’s Professional plan offers fewer features and is a similar price to Dropship’s top-tier plan, Premium.
ShopHunter vs Dropship: Which Is Best for Me?
Other than the dashboard (which gives an overview and new updates of the stores you’re tracking), Dropship has all of the features offered by ShopHunter at a considerably lower cost.
The only benefit of ShopHunter is that you can track more stores than you can on Dropship.
The Enterprise plan, at $500 per month, allows you to track 1100 stores.
On Dropship, you can track 50 stores and 100 products on the top plan (that only costs $79 per month or $49 per month when paid annually).
What Is Dropship and Who Is It Best For?
Dropship is a product research platform with a huge variety of tools to help you make the most informed decisions and find real winners.
Spy on Shopify stores and see hidden insights, including sales, revenue, product creation date, store creation date, ads, theme, apps, price, and much more.
You can search and filter through millions of products, track products and stores, find your competition, and spy as you browse with the Chrome extension.
There are lists of top products and stores and a drop of up to 40 winning products each week to give you inspiration.
Dropship is an affordable and easy-to-use product research tool that would work for the majority of dropshipping sellers.
What Is ShopHunter and Who Is It Best For?
ShopHunter is a Shopify spy tool that aims to help you find winning products.
There are top products and store lists so that you can find popular and trending products.
You can also search for winning products by keyword and narrow down your results using the filters.
Once you find potentially winning products, you can add them to your shop list and track them over time.
It would suit those who need to track a large number of stores. As its top plan allows you to track 1100 stores.
However, for most people, this is unnecessary. Plus, it’s one of the most expensive Shopify spy tools. So we can’t see any other reasons users would pay such a high price for an inferior platform.
ShopHunter vs Dropship: Feature Comparison
ShopHunter and Dropship are both Shopify spy tools.
Knowing which features each platform offers can help you decide which is the best choice for you.
Dropship has paid and free tools and tons of helpful resources.
- Product Database - Search through millions of products and set filters to find ones that fit your criteria. You can save your filter preferences and easily load them to find more products with your own winning formula.
- Competitor Research - Enter your product details and find your competitors. You can get inspiration for your listings and analyze the market to work out how to beat them.
- Sales Tracker - Track stores and products over time and monitor their performance in real time.
- Portfolio - Let Dropship do your product research for you. Every week they send users up to 40 winning product ideas.
- Top Products and Stores - Find top-performing stores and products to give you ideas for your own store.
- Chrome Extension - Evaluate your opportunities as you visit Shopify stores. You can see sales, revenue, and tons of other store insights. There is also a one-click import tool, so you can import any listing straight to your Shopify store.
- Interest Explorer - Find hidden Facebook interests to make more profitable listings and ad campaigns.
- Calculators - Calculate your profit margin, cost per acquisition, return on ad spend, and your break-even return on ad spend.
- Blog - Read helpful articles on all aspects of e-commerce.
- University - Participate in dropshipping courses and lessons run by experts.
- Discord Community - Chat with and learn from other Dropship users.
ShopHunter only has paid tools and a community. There are no free tools or additional resources available.
- Dashboard - See an overview and any updates on the stores you’re tracking.
- Top Stores - Find top performing stores from ShopHunter’s global database.
- Top Products - Find top performing products from ShopHunter’s global database.
- Top Tracked - Find the most tracked stores by other ShopHunter users.
- My Shops - Enter a Shopify store’s URL or save stores you find in the top store's list and track them over time. You can use tags to organize and filter your saved stores.
- Explore - Search and filter through products to find winners.
- Discord Community - Join a community of other ShopHunter users.
ShopHunter vs Dropship: Similarities and Differences
ShopHunter and Dropship Similarities
- You can track Shopify stores' sales and revenue.
- View specific product revenue, sales, creation date, and price.
- Both platforms allow you to easily find a supplier using the one-click AliExpress search tool.
- See the theme a Shopify store is using.
- Search for products using the Explore feature on ShopHunter and the Product Database on Dropship.
ShopHunter and Dropship Differences
- Dropship has a Chrome extension. This isn’t offered by ShopHunter.
- There is a seven-day free trial on Dropship. ShopHunter only offers three days.
- You can import product listings to your own store from Dropship. ShopHunter doesn’t offer this feature.
- ShopHunter has a news feed that shows recent updates to the stores you’re tracking.
- Dropship has a portfolio tool that sends you winning product ideas.
- Dropship has more advanced filters to search for products compared to ShopHunter.
ShopHunter vs Dropship: Pricing and Plans
Winner for Pricing and Plans: Dropship
Dropship offers additional features for a lower cost. It is also transparent with its free trial, annual discount, and plan names.
- Free trial, but time isn’t disclosed on the website. From our research, it’s three days
- Lowest priced plan - $50 per month
- Highest priced plan - $500 per month
- Annual discount - 2 months free on the Basic and Professional plans
- Free trial for seven days
- Lowest priced plan - $29 per month
- Highest priced plan - $79 per month
- Annual discount - Up to 40%
You can access the majority of features on all of the plans, and as you upgrade, the usage limit increases.
However, the tools that are included in the plans are the opposite on each platform.
On ShopHunter, you can access the top products and stores on all of the plans. But the product research tool requires a Professional plan or above.
On Dropship, you can access the product research tool on all of the plans. But to view the top products and stores, you need the Premium plan.
To help you choose between the platforms, consider which tools are most important to you.
But keep in mind that Dropship’s Premium plan only costs $49 per month when paid annually (or $79 when paid monthly), and ShopHunters Professional plan costs $62.5 per month when paid annually (or $75 when paid monthly).
Dropship also has extra features for a lower price, including the competitor research tool, portfolio, and Chrome extension.
- Basic Plan - Allows you to perform 20 searches a day on the Product Database and Competitor Research tool, track ten stores and 20 products, view 15 stores on the Chrome extension, and receive 20 Portfolio products.
- Standard Plan - Allows you to perform unlimited searches on the Product Database and Competitor Research tool, track 25 stores and 50 products, view 30 stores on the Chrome extension, receive 30 Portfolio products, and get full access to the Top Stores.
- Premium Plan - Allows you to perform unlimited searches on the Product Database and Competitor Research tool, track 50 stores and 100 products, view 60 stores on the Chrome extension, receive 40 Portfolio products, and get full access to the Top Stores and Top Products.
- Starter+, also called Basic - Allows you to track 25 stores and view 40 of the top global stores and 20 of the top global products.
- Professional - Gives you access to Explore, allows you to track 50 stores, and view 80 of the top global stores and 40 of the top global products.
- Enterprise, also called Business - Gives you access to Explore, allows you to track 500 stores, and view 100 of the top global stores and 100 of the top global products.
- Enterprise (only available through the billing section) - Gives you access to Explore, allows you to track 1100 stores, and view 100 of the top global stores and 100 of the top global products.
ShopHunter vs Dropship: Support and Training
Winner for Support and Training: Dropship
Both platforms offer the same support on all of the plans.
You can contact support on both platforms through email and by sending a ticket.
ShopHunter has a telephone number you can call, and Dropship has live chat support.
Training and Resources
There’s no competition in terms of training and resources.
ShopHunter has a few YouTube videos that show you the basics of the platform, a Discord community with under 1000 members, and that’s it.
Dropship’s community has almost 15,000 members (and growing every day), a blog with helpful articles on all aspects of running a dropshipping business, and the Dropship University, which allows you to take lessons taught by dropshipping experts.
Final Thoughts: Is ShopHunter or Dropship Better?
Dropship is the superior platform. It has more tools, more insights into Shopify stores, and is cheaper. The additional features give you a better chance of finding winning products.
ShopHunter could be a good alternative if you need to track over 1000 stores or products. As Dropship only allows you to track 100 stores on the top plan.
You can check out all of Dropship's incredible features without a paid plan using the 7-day free trial.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Dropship or ShopHunter Cheaper?
Dropship starts at $29 per month, whereas ShopHunter starts at $50 per month.
Dropship also offers more features on its Basic plan than ShopHunter does.
You need a mid-tier plan on ShopHunter to search for profitable products. But Dropship offers this on its lowest plan.
Is Dropship or ShopHunter Better for Beginners?
Dropship is a more affordable platform and is easier to navigate than ShopHunter, making it great for beginners.
You can test both platforms to see which works for you. ShopHunter doesn’t advertise its free trial, and from our research, they offer three days. On Dropship, you can access all the features on a 7-day free trial.
What’s the Best Alternative to ShopHunter?
Dropship is the best alternative, although we’re probably a bit biased.
Koala Inspector, Commerce Inspector, and Shopify Raise are also great alternative Shopify spy tools. For more details, have a full article with the eight best ShopHunter alternatives.
If you want more information on Shopify sales tools, check out our article on the Best Shopify Sales Tracker Tools.